Chapter Twenty

Annie POV

-

-

The lights had gone out it was a power outage... I was laying against Jacob but he had to check on Bridget. So I sat up in his bed and looked out the window, the farm was on fire. I ran to the window and screamed, I turned around to find May at the door way of our bedroom.

"Enough of this nonsense Annie."

"What do you mean May?"

She turned around and grabbed something, but I couldn't see what.

"May the farm yards are on fire, what do we do!"

She turned around with a knife in her hand and slowly walked towards me.

"First we hit your baby."

She pointed to my stomach, which I held supportively.

"No May!"

She started to laugh.

"Then we burn you in the fire, but first let me.."

She raised the knife toward me and I screamed for help.

"No May, No!"

"Ahhhhh!!!"

"Shh it's ok Annie, I'm here I've got you."

I looked up at Jacob, he looked worried. My heart was pacing a million miles per minute. I reached my hand up to my face which was wet all over, from tears I'm guessing. Jacob held me close to him.

"It's ok, your fine now Annie."

I snuggled my head into his chest. Then I heard the bedroom door open.

"What happened? Is she ok?"

"Another nightmare dad."

"Another one?"

Jacob's dad came over and sat at the end of the bed, then reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Are you ok Annie?"

I lifted my head away from Jacob for a moment, and looked at Jacob's dad.

"It was horrible...."

I started to feel the tears run down my face.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked at Jacob then back at his dad.

"Well.... Not really.."

I shook my head and leant it back against Jacob's chest but kept my eyes on his dad.

"It will help you Annie, it will help you if you get it out."

He let go of my hand, and Jacob grabbed it and brought it up to his lips placing a small kiss on it. I closed my eyes, and began to tell the story.

"It was dark.... A power outage at the house.... I was laying in bed with Jacob then we heard Bridget cry, so he got up to check on her.... When he was gone I sat up in bed and looked out the window.... It was.... The farm was..."

"Take your time Annie."

I took a deep breathe in, nodding.

"The farm was on fire, bright fire burning up around the sheds.... I screamed out for help but no one came.... Except... May...."

I took another deep breathe to keep me calm.

"She... She told me to stop carrying on.... Then she turned around and grabbed something.... At first I didn't see what it was and I screamed at her telling her that the place was burning..... She didn't care...."