Chapter Thrity-Six

Annie POV

-

-

Jacob left the hospital last night at about 7:30. He is going back to school today. I don't know what I'll do when I get back. I am about to miss three weeks of school, and probably miss my class altogether with the boys.

The head mistress likes punctual, and I won't be punctual for three weeks. That's the only thing that separates me from the other girls.

So today will be a lonely day and so will the next three weeks, really. Seeing as Jacob will only come in every second day, if we're lucky. And maybe on his weekends.

I should probably get some rest, though I'm not tired.

-

-

Jacob POV

-

-

"Hello head mistress, how are you this morning?"

I say as I take a seat in the head mistresses office. I booked an appointment with her last night when I got home.

"Good Jacob, how are you?"

I nodded.

"I have been fine."

She looks away from her computer and rests her glance on me.

"Is Annie in class?"

I shake my head.

"No head mistress, she is not. That's what I came to speak about."

Head mistress sat up straighter and took her glasses off.

"Is she alright?"

I could see that she cared for Annie just as much as I did. If not bordering more.

"She is now, she is in hospital. Annie will be in there for the next three weeks. She has been diagnosed with two things and is being treated and monitored right now."

I stopped and glanced up at the head mistress, I could tell she was relaxing a bit. But not by much.

"Is she in a ward yet?"

I nod my head again, but know I must answer in words too.

"Yes, head mistress."

She puts her glasses on and gets a notebook and pen out.

"Tell me the ward number and hospital number, please."

And so I do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After my meeting with the head mistress I grabbed my books and went to my second class, of coarse there was a bit of a waiting time before the meeting this morning so I missed out on the start of maths.

Now we have literature.

The head mistress said she was going to visit Annie today, and email all our teachers and let them know that Annie would be away due to medical reasons for the next three weeks.

She would probably call a meeting about it later today.

"Jacob?"

"Here, sir."

"Annie?"

The teacher said with a skip to his voice. Like every other teacher did.

"Not here, sir."

I said braking his enthusiasm. Enough for him to look up. He probably thinks I'm a kill joy now.

"Ryan?"

"Here, sir."

"James?"

"Here, sir."

I stopped listening to the roll then and whispered into James ear.

"Don't tell anyone about Annie, yet. Okay?"

He nodded at me.

"Okay."

He whispered the same to Ryan and Ryan agreed not to tell anyone.

"Everyone open your books to page one-hundred-and-sixty-nine, please. And someone explain what a hypothesis is."

James raised his hand and began to speak away. This was the start of another day of school. The same way it was before I met Annie. Before she came into my life. Except for right now, she was on my mind.