Chapter Thirty-Four

Annie POV

-

-

As we walked out of the bathroom still embraced in a hug, Stacy walked into the room.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed!?"

She looked at me, then at Jacob.

"Please get back in bed. Please Annie."

I smiled at her then sat back on the edge of the bed, swinging my legs up after me.

"I just had to pee, it was ergent. I could have wet the bed. I wasn't going to clean the bed either. I made your job easier."

I covered myself just with the sheet this time, I grabbed the remote and sat the bed up. I could hear Ryan and James laughing at what I had said.

"Good one Annie."

James smirked.

"Well, thank-you for that Annie."

Stacy said with a laugh.

"It's great to see that you can get up though."

I smiled at her then a knock came at the door, then a moment later a bunch of doctors walked in. Of coarse in orderly fashion. All wearing white button up shirts and basically white trackies. Hospital uniform basically.

"Hello doctors. How are you?"

"Very well. My name is Dr.Waters."

"Hello, mister Waters. I am Annie."

I said extending my hand for a hand shake, receiving a firm one back.

"Well, nice to meet you finally Annie. How are you feeling."

"I'm feeling great."

I looked up at him and I knew he didn't mean in general.

"Oh, right. Ok, I'm feeling a little drowsy."

"Thank-you Annie."

I could tell that this was going to take a while this examination. Jacob and Stacy pulled up a chair.

-

-

Jacob POV

-

-

"Mr.Jacobs, you are Annie's legal guardian right now?"

"Yes, the only one staying with her right now."

"Has she moved in with you yet."

"Yes dr, a few months ago."

"Very well."

He walked me back over to where Annie was lying.

"So miss Annie, you woke up from that terror. As many may call it fits. Theoretically it was a terror. We have examined that you shouldn't go into another one, but in the case you do. You can't fight it for long. Fighting too much can kill you. Keep you stuck in the terror."

I realised Annie was getting a bit scared. She looked up at me the back at Dr.Waters.

"What happened to Dr.Cross?"

I asked looking at the new doctor. He didn't look like he was going to answer then he nodded his head.

"He is on work leave, a family matter came up,"

He looked at Stacy, then at Annie. Then lastly at me.

"I believe that is all, I will be off now. Thank you Annie."

As he walked out of the room he made no eye contact with anyone. Strange.

"I should be going, I will be back as soon as possible."

Stacy picked up all her files and left the room waving goodbye. It was just the four of us left now. The boys walked over from the other side of the room.

"Was it just me, or was that... Strange.."

James said looking from the three of us.

"Definitely strange. Umm, I want to stay awake for the next few years. So will you guys help me like, not fall into a terror."

Ryan looks down at Annie, the moment I look at James. We start laughing.

"Of coarse we will."

Ryan says with a smile on his face. We have all stopped laughing now.

"What's so funny?"

Annie says with a smile lifting across her face.

"Seriously? I don't know what was funny?"

I sit next to her and kiss her on the head.

"It's okay, never mind."