Act 12

Will had mumbled his full titled name to himself after Crow left the room softly. It was like a spell was being said to him from someone else, though indeed it was his voice speaking. It was echoing in his ears.

Again, and again Will repeated the name. Softly and quietly the words echoed into the bedroom.

It took a few minutes and then Will's eyes widened a little bit. "He... knows. He... knows." Will mumbled the two words a bit more before something cold fell on his hand. He stopped and looked down to his hand, then lifted it to see the small wet drop on it better.

"A... tear?" Will asked, his voice cracking a bit.

He put his fingers to his mouth and covered his lips as his eyes squinted shut, making the tears blur his vision. His lashes became soaked with tears within seconds. Unable to bear it, Will closed his eyes tight and doubled over, his forehead onto his knees.

He knows! But-- why now? W-why am I even crying? I haven't cried in years! This is stupid! He cursed himself, softly sobbing into his fingers, enough to let out little gasps of air but no real sound.

It wasn't... A dream? Will leaned farther forward, feeling his heart ache. If that was a lie, it was a reall cruel one! I can't just...

After several more minutes, Will was softly sobbing still, but calming down. He was holding his head as the throbbing of his headache had returned from the crying. It was all Will could do but to let the crying just happen. He couldn't turn it off.

He gave in to the headache and the throbbing and just laid back onto the pillows and the blankets. If nothing else right now, sleep could calm him down.

Kidnapped. Lied to. That girl with the elf ears... The bird, Crow. And all around me I smell lavender. Such... a disgusting smell. And... that... dragon who turned into a man.

Will's thoughts spun round and round, spiraling towards doubt and fear. Any slight bit of relief or shock he might've felt from the spell of his full titled name that had been given to him from Crow saying it before had all but melted away. His tears had rinsed his being clean and pure of anything. Any thoughts and emotions other than his curiosity, doubt...

No. I can't even doubt now. All I can do is go back and serve Alexander like... Like... Like a good servant should.

At that thought, Will opened his eyes briefly. He saw the darkened room in colorful black and navy blurs of light. Nothing came into focus, and he just closed his eyes again.

Not like a brother. Like a servant. Be a servant. I... I am a servant, serving the Marquis Alexander Light Bel'vaz.

Outside the room, Akiio uncrossed his arms and straightened up off of the door. With no word or expression he left down the hallway to return to his bedroom. These tears that had been shed were of an emotion Akiio couldn't place its name of, but he knew he shouldn't tell anyone. The feeling deep in his gut told him so.