feb 31 2016 giana knew she had to get him to remember his family first

feb 31 2016
giana knew she had to get him to remember his family first. though she wanted him to remember her first, she knew that she wasn't as important as his family.

the brown haired girl awkwardly played with her fingers. she was waiting for donghyuc- haechan to arrive.

haechan, haechan, haechan, haechan, haechan.

she had to get that name stuck in her head before the boy came. even though he wanted to know about his past now, it would take baby steps. first thing would be learning who he is now, so that she could see what changed in him and what changed in his life. she also wanted to know if mrs lee survived the crash too. if dong- haechan survived, then his mother would have too. if not, who else would have taken care of him all these years? his father?

gia shook her head. it couldn't be his father right? he disappeared so many years ago. she couldn't recall much about his father either. he was an interesting man, always leaving abruptly, and always hiding a lot of things.

she remembered that one time she went to d-haechan's house once and she accidentally came into his room. his father was furious and constantly yelled at his six year old son for letting giana in the house in the first place. that was the first time giana found out what yelling was.

"what are you thinking about?" a soft voice crashed her train of thought. she looked up to see donghy-haechan. he looked so ethereal. his brown hair was curled in all it's naturality. he wore a simple shirt that had michael jackson's face plastered on it. he looked warm in that huge jacket and that melted giana's heart. his black ripped jeans rested well on his waist and his white converse made him look even more, comfortable. he's grown up well.

she shook her head. she couldn't think like that right now. she had to focus on helping him remember his past, not fall in love with him all over again.

"nothing. anyways. so dongh- i mean haechan-" he shook his head interrupting her.

"if it makes it any better for you, you can call me donghyuck. it's actually a catchy name. but only you can call me donghyuck. it's haechan for the rest of the world alright?" gia tried to hide her smile. haechan could tell. he tried hiding his blush, but somehow it showed up just a little.

"yeah, okay. so donghyuck. you're sixteen right?" he nodded his head. giana took out her phone and checked something off. he looked at her confused.

"if i don't know who you are right now, how would i know what changed in your life?" his mouth shaped into a small 'o'. that was a good idea. plus, he could get to know her more too.

"so, tell me about yourself." she gave him that smile. the smile in between sad and forced. haechan didn't know why but it made him uncomfortable. he knew why she couldn't really smile at him, but if she didn't give him that half assed smile it would probably be easier on him and his conscious. that guilt that washed over him wouldn't be so great.

"well. i'm sixteen. i live with my mom and dad, most of the time? i don't know they're barely home." haechan shrugged. that was kind of sad.

"what's your mom's name?" gia asked curious.

"lee jina." he replied. gia sort of frowned but still tried to remain positive. his answer gave her one of two possibilities. either, mrs lee kira changed her name too, or jina wasn't his real mother.

she wanted to find out, but now wasn't the right time. baby steps, baby steps. take baby steps.

"what's your dad's name?" she was now too curious to leave this out. haechan noticed and raised his eyebrows.

"well, his name is lee taemin." giana immediately recognized the name. one of her suspicions were correct, and he was with his father. it was scary to think about. especially after what her mother accidentally had told her. it was simple slip up, but it changed giana's views of donghyuck having that, 'perfect family life', forever.

giana acknowledged that she couldn't tell donghyuck yet. he needed time to process it, and to process everything that's happened in the last four days. she sighed putting the thoughts away to the back of her head.

haechan spent the rest of the day just talking about himself. he told her his favorite ice cream flavor, his favorite candy, his favorite movies. giana was disappointed, but she never told him that. and she tried not to show it either.

it was like he was a completely different person. he changed, literally everything. there was nothing that exactly the same with him, and donghyuck. giana offically gave up. she knew that it would be impossible for him to remember every single detail about his past life.

"so, what do you want to do in the future?" giana asked, her eyes starting well up. her nose started to sting, but she held it back. she had to hold it back.

"i want to sing." the moment he said those four words, giana's heart dropped. her stomach churned.

he wanted to sing. god, he wanted to sing.