feb

feb. 14 2016
"giaaa, you would never believe what i got you!" giana's best friend, ran up to her with a box. it wasn't her birthday today, so giana's face fell with confusion.

"what is it yna? why did you get me something today? it's not my birthday?" the girl asked, but also reached for the pastel blue wrapped box. yna winked.

"it's valentine's day stupid. i wanted to be nice since i know you don't have a valentine's today." yna pouted.

"hey! you don't know that!" giana said, offended. she held her mouth open, holding her hand to her chest.

"then did someone ask you?" yna shot back.

"no." she managed to choke up.

"see!" yna exclaimed, deciding to shove the box on her desk.

"what about you? did renjun ask you to be his valentine's this year?" giana questions, ready to unwrap the pretty blue present.

"of course he did. i've heard that he's liked me since i came into his company. talk about major commitment." yna flipped her hair dramatically. giana could only scoff at her seemingly narsassistic best friend.

as she unwrapped her gift, her mouth gasped.

"a charm bracelet? yna! you didn't have to!" yna only gave her a smirk.

"of course i did idiot! valentine's day doesn't always have to be with a boyfriend or a girlfriend. it's about showing your love and affection to someone. so, by all means, i had a right to give you this. you're my best friend gia. i love you." arms flung around yna's neck. the brown haired girl clung onto her as if she was the last source of life she had left. yna chuckled.

"you're welcome."

gia took a good look at the charms. there was a crescent moon, reminding her of her favorite show as a kid. sailor moon. a small vanilla teddy bear, striking her with similarity of her favorite stuffed animal. there was a kiwi, for her favorite fruit, and the eiffel tower for her favorite place to go.

she slipped on the perfectly fitting charm bracelet. it was so pretty. but as she slipped the beautiful peice of jewelry, she can't help but take a glance at the old worn out of peice of poorly cut red rope, tied for eternity around her small wrist.

a sad but calm aura entered her facial features.

if only she had reminded him to wear it that day, maybe he would have been still been able to wear it forever with her.

"earth to gia!" yna waved her hands in front of gia's face, trying to get her to pay attention to her. gia shook back to reality. she chuckled.

"sorry, the bracelet was so pretty i just got too into it."

"of course! i got it for you." yna smiled.

"so anyways, since renjun is taking me out tonight, why don't you come over and help me pick out an outfit?" gia agreed to coming over and turned around to see the teacher walking in to start the class.