feb

feb. 14 2016

haechan had lied. he wasn't going to visit his mom. he knew she would be out working. he just didn't want to go out on a date with someone he didn't know. and he certainly didn't want to be a burden.

haechan dragged his feet behind him as he walked around the lonely streets of seoul. there was no where else to go, all of his friends went out having dates, or at least trying to get some.

haechan didn't feel like trying to get a date this year. he didn't know why. it felt like he was tied to something. ever since that first dream—more like nightmare—in the beginning of the cold december, nothing was the same anymore.

he didn't know what caused the dreams to happen. he didn't know why they felt so real, why they felt like memories.

haechan saw the dongho bridge walk. it looked so charming in this time of night. the lights shown brightly. it was kind of windy, and haechan pulled his jacket closer to his body. he found a place to look at the view perfectly.

there weren't a lot of couples here, surprisingly. there were a few families though, walking around with their small children. it was such a calm aura.

haechan pulled out the red rope out of his pocket, as he twirled a small flower in his other hand. he wondered where this came from. why did all of the photos in that box have the girl's face scribbled out? why did he have no memories of her whatsoever? why didn't he know her name? who was she?

why didn't any of his friends know about this, red rope fairytale?

questions, with no answers. it was all so frustrating for haechan. the more he tried to remember, the more that his head hurt and he became dizzy.

haechan decided it's time to go home. he should rest, having practice again early tomorrow morning. he walked down the bridge, but as soon he almost reached the end, he heard this little girl.

"so if you give this red rope to the love of your life, then you'll be together forever?" she questioned, her face contorted into confusion. the older girl right beside her, nodded.

"of course! my mommy said that no matter how far apart you are, and no matter where you are, you will always try to find one another. you have to promise each other that!" the girl explained. haechan was now sweating.

he asked all of the people he knew, and it seemed like no one knew about this red rope fantasy. but now he heard it. he heard it exactly as how he heard it from his dream. could this girl, be the one in his dream? no, it couldn't be, right?

it was all just a dream.

haechan was too curious. by the time he was done arguing with himself, by the time he decided that he was going to talk to that girl, she was gone.

haechan ruffled his hair in frustration. he looked around all the crowd, but it was no use, there were too many people. he groaned.

he started to sprint, looking around every corner, accidentally getting the wrong girl. he was a mess. a discouraged and discontented mess.

haechan exhaled a long deep breath. maybe he should get some coffee. he saw this small café and entered. he needed to blow off some steam.

☼ ☼ ☼

""of course! my mommy said that no matter how far apart you are, and no matter where you are, you will always try to find one another. you have to promise each other that!" gia smiled to the small girl. she bent down to reach her eyes. with a heavy heart, gia unwrapped the red rope from her wrist.

"here, kira. you can have my rope. i hope that one day, you can give this to someone and they will wear it with you forever." the six-year old smiled.

"oh! thank you! thank you! it's so pretty!" the child admired it, even if it was just an old, battered peice of rope. when gia saw the child's mom come up the bridge, she ushered the child to back to her. she bid her goodbyes, and walked back up the bridge.

her hair blew against the wind as she stood in one of the best places to see the whole view.

she didn't know why she gave up her rope with the feeling of a burden. i mean, she could always cut another one. but to her, that was the original. that was the one she had cut for herself, and she had cut for him. that had lasted on her wrist for ten years.

it was like, it was the last thing she had to remember him by. but she gave it away.

"i'm sorry donghyuck. i know i promised to wear it forever. but i couldn't. why should i wear it forever, when you aren't? why should i still be tied to you, when you aren't tied to me? why should i be the only one suffering through this alone? why did you leave me? i tried finding you, but i couldn't. i promised i would find you right? are you keeping your promise? i bet you can find me quickly, as an angel. don't you have wings? why don't you try to find me?"

gia whispered to the sky, unaware that the angel has walked past her, seven times that night.