30 : Ruined Friendships

Start from the beginning

"Stop doing that," Hunter's thick voice was closer to a whine than ever before, "You're getting the blood all over my front lawn, it took me a lot of money to get it."

The smallest twinkle of satisfaction swirled in Zarek's stomach, rubbing his knuckles more. "You're acting like it's not my money you bought it with."

Hunter's black eyebrows knotted, grey eyes serious and petrifying. "Don't talk like I'm a charity case. We had a bet and you lost. You're a big boy, deal with it."

Zarek stilled. "I'm not talking about the bet, I'm talking about the drugs."

It was a well known fact that before Hunter Adams became the rich, popular kid he was now, he had been just a wannabe who lived in the slums. Hunter wanted to fit in so badly in the superficial world that he seeked the extreme - he dealt with drugs to offer himself and his single mother the life they would've never been able to afford otherwise.

Hunter looked away, his Adam apple tense. "You paid for my services."

"And apparently you offer your services to fucking anyone," Zarek hissed, throwing his consumed cigarette on Hunter's lawn to his dismay.

Hunter's grey eyes shifted, eyebrows frowned as if he was confused. "What are you talking about, Zarek?"

"I can't believe you sell that drug to begin with," Zarek stood up, preparing himself to leave - dad is going to kill me and this party sucked anyways. "Let alone sell it to Justin."

"Oh - fucking - god, you mad about that?" Hunter pulled at his short, black hair. "I didn't sell him the rape drug, Zarek, I'm not immoral."

Zarek eyed him, trying to decipher whether Hunter was faking it or not, but he came up with nothing. Hunter was one of the few people that were too good at what they did that even Zarek couldn't figure him out sometimes. "So you didn't sell him anything?"

Hunter averted his gaze, his hand brushing at his head. "I did sell him a drug-"

Zarek's defined jaw ticked. "I knew it."

"-but it's not the rape drug. It's the same shit I sold you in the parking lot. It will hardly effect her, it didn't effect you, right?"

Zarek paced around, his fist throbbing for Hunter's face. "Holy fuck, you gave her that shit?" Not only did it mess with Zarek's memories, it also made him do things he wouldn't have done in his normal mind - he slept with his stepmother again. "That shit messed me up and I'm used to drugs, man."

"I bet she stoned before so relax, it will hardly do anything to her. I mean, that girl is a fucking legend, man," Hunter's dark eyes were glinting, the gossip girl having crept back in him. "Rumors around says that she lost it to-"

"Cut the fucking crap, Hunter." Zarek stormed to his car, leaving Hunter mid-sentence. Zarek didn't know if he was sore because he lost the bet or if Hunter was being a pain in the ass - either way, Zarek couldn't stand Hunter right now.

Zarek glanced at the right, about to make a turn. He took a double-take to make sure what he saw - is that Eva getting in Ryan's car in the middle of the fucking night?

Zarek bit his bottom lip too hard, his electric green eyes lethal. He had no idea why he was so mad at Evangeline - maybe because she acts like a fucking saint when she's spreading her legs for every fucking guy? And to think he actually cared about her, taking his time and pacing things slow - he fucking held back from kissing her just so she could have her perfect 'first kiss'.

Her and Hunter are fucking perfect for each other, Zarek grumbled, both of them are faking the innocence when they're the biggest hypocrites in the planet.