Chapter 9: Not Filipino Enough

"Bitawan niyo ako!(Let go of me!) I didn't do anything wrong!" yelled Violette as she was dragged away from the mansion. She watched from a distance as Lucián was being held by these strangers who snuck in the mansion. She speculated that these people might be the rebels that everybody was talking about. What she didn't understand was the reason for doing this?

The guards who were outside of the mansion were now where to be seen. It was as if they were involved in this chaotic situation. The maids on the other hand were left on their quarters, scared of interfering. They didn't bother to do anything about it.

The rain continued to pour down as if foreshadowing their fate. Lucián struggled to get out of their grasp as they tried to bind him with a rope. He was being dragged out of his home. While doing so, he started screaming insults that one may say inappropriate. "Mierda! You had the nerve to do this to me! I should have expected this! You are all criminals!"

"This is the reason why Indios such as you are not respected. All of you are nothing but criminals!" Violette's eyes went towards him upon hearing his statement. As much as she wanted to argue with him, their situation wasn't the best time for it.

He let out a bitter laugh before adding, "Oh, of course. Your stupid little brains couldn't comprehend my statements. You only know the primitive language you always use. Such a shame."

"That big mouth of his will get us in trouble. Good thing that they couldn't understand what he was saying," she muttered. All of the attention was on Lucián who was spatting out insults. She felt their grips of her arms loosen.

She was about to get away when a sack was placed on her head. She screamed in fright as she kicked and punched at whomever was near her. She was lifted and carried away towards a small carriage. She winced in pain as she was thrown into it.

She wanted to wake up from this nightmare but unfortunately, it was a reality she couldn't escape. She heard Lucián's voice getting closer to her. "¡Pagarás por esto! ¡Todos ustedes se pudrirán en el infierno! (You will pay for this! All of you will rot in hell!)"

She heard them laugh at his statement as if Lucián was a child throwing tantrums. After his statement, she heard a thud near her. It was like Lucián's body was thrown inside the carriage as he continued to scream. It hurt her ears to hear him scream loudly.

He couldn't help but feel betrayed. All those people he hired. Not a single one of them did anything. They just hid themselves and remained silent. It was as if they were in it too. The maids. The guards. Everyone.

He continued to scream for help but it was futile. The carriage they were in started moving. At that very moment, he knew that there was nothing he can do but wait.

Alexandro stayed lying on his bed as he stared at the ceiling

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Alexandro stayed lying on his bed as he stared at the ceiling. It was raining hard outside. He didn't have the urge to do anything. He wanted to stay like this for the whole day. His room was void of any light. It was as if he was embracing the darkness that surrounded him.