Chapter 3: New Addition

After eating merienda, Lucián spent his time wandering about in his garden that was at the edge of the entrance of the forest. He was sat down under a tree and read a novel. The quiet atmosphere calmed him down and erased all of his negative emotions out of the way.

As he was about to turn to another page, he heard a shriek coming from a few meters away from him. He looked up from his book and scanned his surroundings. He basically owned the forest and knowing that, nobody dared to trespass his land. He let out a disappoint sigh before whispering to himself, "It seems like somebody is looking for trouble."

He placed down his book on the ground and narrowed his eyes at the sight a few meters away from him. He saw a furry thing running around his forest. It was barking as if in distress. A dog? I don't own any dogs that have that color.

Lucián stood up from the ground and slowly walked towards the dog, thinking of what to do with it. It's in my land. How in the world did it get here? There was a wall around his forest, preventing anyone from getting in without notice.

As soon as he got near it, it snarled at him. He froze for a moment, contemplating what he'll do. He slowly approached it and reached into his pocket, pulling out a dog treat.

He reached his hand out and handed the small it towards the dog. The dog approached him with a unsure look. It snatched the treat out of his hand and ate it. He reached out his hand and petted its head. "Good boy."

He stared at it with curiosity. What an unusual looking dog. I haven't seen a dog of this kind. It doesn't look like the dogs in this place. The dog seemed to resemble a fox. It reminds me of one. The dog has a red coat and has white markings on the chest, cheek, and tail areas. It has a curled up tail. "I wonder what your breed is."

After that encounter, he decided to take it with him and take care of it. He assumed that it didn't have an owner but he had a doubt in his mind as soon as he noticed that it was wearing a navy blue collar. Tala. That was what was printed on the collar. Must be its name.

He was carrying it in his arms when he got back to the mansion. The maids were rather surprised to see a new dog but they were somewhat used to this common occurrence. Lucián was very fond of dogs especially rare and unheard of breeds. He was usually known for having dogs of different kinds.

As he walked in the mansion, the maids outside were gossiping to each other. He didn't paid any attention towards them. "This will be your new home," he said as he stopped in front of a dark brown door. There were barks coming from inside.

He opened the door to be bombarded by different breeds of dogs. He let out a laugh as they tired to sniff the new dog. He closed the door and slowly placed the dog he was holding on the floor. He watched as they got acquainted. He was smiling from ear to ear.

One of his dogs named Bernardo, a Corgi ran towards him. It turned on its belly, expecting it to be rubbed. He chuckled and rubbed his belly. If they were to see me like this, I would be embarrassed. Some of his dogs ran towards him afterwards, welcoming him with kisses.