026

[ CHRISTMAS SPECIAL WITH
A LITTLE TWIST OF ANGST ]

CHAPTER 26

WHITE SNOW covered the streets of the city the day before the most magical day of the year; Christmas.

school break has finally came and all the students were back home spending time with their family and friends but that wasn't the case for hawon.

her parents wasn't coming home for Christmas, she was spending it with her brother and her boyfriend's family.

she had no idea what to buy for his family. standing in front of the ridiculously enormous house, her hands began to shake as they tighten around the bouquet of flowers in her hands.

she brought a few cheap yet beautiful stuff and flowers for his family along with freshly baked cookies that she spend hours making.

due to her lack of money, her gifts for them were cheaper than what they usually own or buy but it came from her heart so she hopes that they'll like it.

hawon was pulled into someone's warm embrace when the door opened, she leaned into hyunjin's chest and took a breath deep at his scent before they pulled away.

"you look dashing, my love." hyunjin had a wide grin on his face, hawon's younger brother greeted him before they both walked into the house.

LAUGHTER WAS heard and Christmas carols were playing softly around the house, it seem that the hwang's had invited more people that she had expected.

of course, wonju and her family was here. wonju's parents were really nice to her, which makes her thought about how on earth did they have a daughter like wonju?

hyunjin's father was the first one to notice her and greeted her with a warm hug. "you look beautiful, my dear." he gave a soft pat on her hand.

"thank you. I must say that you look really nice too, mr.hwang" hawon smiled politely as hyunjin pulled her closer to his chest.

while she was greeting hyunjin's father, she couldn't help but to feel the glares that were sent her way by his mother and wonju.

hawon looked up and politely bow at his mother before hyunjin pulled her into the living room where the children were gathered at and introduce her to some people.

"hyunjin, I've brought cookies." hyunjin grabbed the box of cookies out from her hand and smiled.

"did you made them yourself?" hyunjin asked, he knew that his girlfriend was good at baking and cooking but he never really tried the stuff she made.

"yes, try one." she grinned when hyunjin took only cookies out and took a bite on it. his face lights up and widen at the wonderful taste.

"this cookie taste amazing, you're amazing!" hyunjin exclaimed loudly before placing a kiss on her forehead.

hyunjin walked around the living room, letting others try the cookies that were made by his wonderful girlfriend.

that was until hyunjin stopped in front of her mother. "I refuse to eat food that comes from people like her." everyone quiet down at her words.

the only sound visible was the Christmas corals, even the children had gone quiet by the woman's loud voice.

hawon felt something stab through her heart, she looked down and bite her lips. the woman basically just announced that she doesn't belong with them.

"mother." hyunjin's voice came out threatening, his hand held tightly on the box on cookies while the other hand curled into a tight fist.

"what? it's true, so what if she's your girlfriend. that doesn't mean she belongs here, she's just a—" the box of cookies were shoved out from hyunjin's hand by his mother.

the cookies hit the marble floors and shattered into millions of pieces, people gasped before glancing at the girl, her boyfriend and the woman.

hawon shut her eyes tightly from keeping the tears from falling and her hands curled into tight fists, she bite down her lips hard enough to draw blood out.

the taste of metallic was bitter on her tongue, "what is wrong with you?" hyunjin stared at his mother with disbelief, he was disgusting by his mother's behaviour.

his mother glanced around the house to find the looks of disapproval from the people's faces. "that's my girlfriend you're talking shit about!" hyunjin raised his voice.

everyone could see the hurt and disgust towards his mother from his eyes, "so much for a happy Christmas Eve party, thanks a lot mother." hyunjin spat out.

he turned away from his mother and walked towards his girlfriend. he grabbed the bouquet of flowers and threw them on the ground.

"hyunjin—" the girl tried to stop him but she was a second late as the beautiful bouquet of roses smash onto the ground along with the shattered cookies.

he grabbed the girl's hand before dragging her out along with her brother from the place he called home.

THE CAR RIDE was quiet, the tension was thick. hawon's brother had fallen asleep due to the silent night. "I'm really sorry, hawon." hyunjin mumbled.

hawon looked up from her hands, "it's not your fault." hyunjin grabbed his girlfriend's palm in his before pulling it up towards his lips and placing a kiss on it.

"I ruined your Christmas, I don't think I can forgive myself because of what happened." hawon frowned at his words.

"you didn't ruin my Christmas, sure it wasn't what I expected but at least you're here with me." hyunjin's heart melted right away.

"god I love you." hyunjin pulled at the roadside and grabbed her face, he place kisses around her face and it made her giggle.

"I love you too." she said before hyunjin attached their lips together completely unaware hawon's brother was wake.

their sweet moment was ruined by hawon's younger brother but what he said made the couple burst into laughter.

"stop making babies in front of me!" the young boy screeched, covered his innocent eyes from the horrifying sight of his sister and her boyfriend kissing in front of him.

sure, their Christmas did turned out badly but things ended nicely by the end of the day because they were surrounded by people they loved and people who appreciate them.

••••
I swear I didn't mean to make it this depressing but I just thought it'll be fun and more exciting.

I wish you all Merry Christmas or Christmas Eve at some countries, stay warm to the readers who lives at places that snows.

lots of love,
author.