Chapter Twenty One: Burn

Start from the beginning

It's probably an apartment based on how smooth the wall behind me is. I felt around for anything I could use to cut the ropes.

A spring in the matress. Feels rusty but will do. I grabbed it and felt for the sharp end only getting my hand cut in the process.

It stung but I didn't care as I continued using it against the rope. I should have done this back then...anything....

I just gave up on you guys...on me...I...I was a freaking coward. I killed you myself...not again.

I won't make the same mistake twice.

The ropes finally felt loose and I wiggled out of them, untying the gag and felt around the leg.

I lifted Kiibo's leg and pressed the small button on the heel disguised as a bolt to send the notification to Harukawa. Otherwise known as plan B.

It would send a signal to her phone or watch with the coordinates. She's been studying for the past weeks coordinates to figure out as quickly as possible where I am and get there.

It was a safety precaution of the news of my disappearance didn't catch her ear or she wasn't paying attention to the tracker.

Now the rest is up to me. I could hear the sub in the other room but clearly he hasn't noticed me as I stood up.

I felt myself slipping a bit as pain shot up my body. I wasn't ready. D*mn it! No you can't afford to just fall down and not even walk after all that...

I stumbled getting up as I walked. I made it to the door and listened against it. A TV was playing and I could hear a microwave in the distance.

I felt a fear clawing up my back. Despite knowing my plans on what to do once I got here...it still made me terrified.

Funny. I've been trying and attempting to die for four years. Now I'm playing chicken when it will finally let everyone rest in peace.

I'm a coward...

Harukawa doesn't even know what I plan to do...die right here and now to avoid long torture...and so at the very least he has to take the time to dispose my body.

Enough time where Harukawa can catch him off guard get his testimony and then end this. Then...I can rest easy.

I clenched my teeth. I didn't want to die.

The realization made my eyes widened. I don't want to die....I never thought those words would echo again.

Is it cause of Saihara Chan? Heh...he did give me a will to live after all...thanks...

Thank you Saihara...Momota...Harukawa...everyone who I loved...

Its been a long ride...I reached up my shirt and grabbed the knife I had taped to my chest.

World...you didn't win. You aren't going to win this time.

I threw up the knife ready to plunge it into my chest when I heard a window break and two hands pinning me to the floor.

"This reminds me a lot of the old days...but nows not the time for me choking you out for being a complete sh*t" Harukawa whispered.

"My hero" I joked getting up as she smacked me in the head, "you aren't f*cking dying today. I didn't work with you just to have you die like that, come on let's go finish this, call it a night...and rest easy for once" she said handing me a weapon.