I Finally Want to be Alive (Klangst)

(A/N): This story is based of the Logic song, 1-800-273-8255 at the end when he finally says he wants to be alive. Now don't let the title fool you, I've got more up my sleeve. Have fun with this one, it's going to be a roller coaster, I'm not done with killing my Keithy boy off yet

_____________________________________  

  Awful.

  A disgrace.

  A waste.

  The thoughts that ravaged through his head wouldn't stop. Not for one second.

  Keith sat there in a small pool in his own blood.

  Weak.

  That's all he was. Just weak.

  He could never let the others know. Who was he kidding? They already knew. He wasn't the strong paladin everyone portrayed him to be. On the inside they all knew he was weak. If only they could see him now. Lying in a pool of his own blood and crying.

  Pathetic.

  He didn't want to be alive. He wasn't worth it. Wasn't worth the materials they wasted on him.

  Maybe if stopped using them...

  If he didn't show his injuries anymore, then maybe they could use the supplies on the paladins who mattered. Maybe he wouldn't be such a waste of space if he stopped eating...

  So that's what he did.

  He wouldn't eat anymore. Nobody notices him anyway, he's always so quiet. They didn't care either way

  He stopped exposing his injuries. He didn't need to, they were never important. Just a couple of nicks on the shoulders, or maybe a wound in the chest and stomach.

  Didn't matter.

  He felt better because he never wasted materials on himself anymore. But he would always be useless, and he knew it. They all thought that way about him. Even if they didn't want to say anything about it, he knew they were all thinking it. Shiro and Allura would always be giving him dirty looks whenever he would mess up in training. Pidge and Lance would always scoff and joke about him. Hunk would always give him pitying looks because he knew.

  They all knew.

  Every day was a vicious cycle of dragging himself out of bed, dragging himself to breakfast just to not eat, then he would train with the team, and more after. More, and more, and more, he would train. He needed to be stronger. He'd train through lunch and dinner. The paladins would make their jokes about how 'emo' and 'angsty' he was.

  In a way, they were right.

  But they could never know how weak he truly was. They'd just scoff at him. Maybe even kick him off the team.

  That thought brought Keith to the brink of tears. Leaving his-

  What was Voltron to him?

  He didn't know. He felt a tear slip onto his fresh wound that trickled across his arm.

  He was nothing to them, that was for certain.

  He was weak. 

_____________________________________  

  Lance had been taking his midnight stroll.

  Something just felt off.

  He had been feeling it for a while now. He went off to see if he remembered to put Pidge to sleep. He silently entered her room to see her fast asleep. Softly smiling, he closed the door behind him to go check on the others.