[chapter six]

Some fairytale bliss...I want something just like this..

Artist: Chainsmokers and coldplay.

Honey....aren't you coming?" Mom asked as she saw me just standing by the door.
"Coming mum...umm...I just need a minute," she then went leaving me in the hallway shocked and panicking.
"Are you okay?" Tyler asked me seeming worried.
"I don't think so."
"Don't worry ..it's just one night and then he'll be gone.Besides I'll be right there."
"Okay..." We then head to the dining room spotting only three seats which were free.
Spotting the one farther away from Louis ,I went for it when."Why don't you sit beside me honey."

Great.Groaning, I went to seat next to my dad which might I add was exactly opposite Louis.Tyler ,seeing the panic in my eyes took the seat next to mine.
"So...Tally..why don't you ask Louis where he goes to school?" Dad said trying to kill the awkwardness radiating between Louis ,Tyler and I .

Everyone seemed to have already taken to each other except well...us.
"He's in our school." I said blankly.
"You know each other?" Mum asked hopefully all attention now on us.
"Something like that." I said between clenched teeth.
"Louis Cole put down your phone this instant!"Olivia said as he'd been chatting his way out of the situation we were in.Rolling his eyes,he did as per his mother's orders which I have to say for a badboy was pretty impressive that he actually did as told.
The next  five hours or so it seemed were spent on Louis and I trying our best to avoid eye contact.Looking at the wall clock,only half an hour had went by.

Mia and Nadia seemed to be having fun as they ran around not minding us.At that point in life,I envied them.Well I was stuck at a dinner sitting opposite a person I didn't particularly like.This had to be the best evening of all time for me...note the sarcasm.
" Hey Tyler you play basketball right?"Bradley asked.
"Yes Mr.Cole."
"No no...just call me Brad,we're more like family now."
'Oh my God noo!' I said to myself as I rolled my eyes.
"What was that darling?" My mum asked all attention on me again as Tye was struggling to hold back his laughter.
"Oh..umm..I just said the meal is great?"
"Oh..okay." She said giving me a look that said she wasn't buying it at all.

"We're in the same team." Louis joined in.
Oh so now he can talk?great.
"Bradley,you remember back in high school when we were in the wildcats?" Dad asked.
"Why yes...we were quite the lady's charm back in the day."
"You boys still are don't you worry" Mrs.Cole said as she and mum began chuckling like high school girls.
They then went on talking leaving us to wallow in the awkwardness present.
After dinner,mum asked me to take the dishes to the kitchen and I couldn't be more glad to get away for a while when,"Why don't you help her Louis?"Bradley said as he went back to talking sports with dad leaving no room to complain.

Thank you so much universe!
Making it to the kitchen ,I began washing the dishes as I hummed to myself completely avoiding Louis even as he entered the room.
Placing the remaining dishes on the sink,he leaned on the counter as we stayed in silence the only sound coming from my humming , the running water and his impatient tapping on the floor.

"Are you never going to speak to me princess?"
"Are you going to just stand there or are you going to actually help." I said looking at him for the first time as he took a towel and went to drying the dishes.
"And by the way..the name's Tally".
" Okay..whatever.. But I still don't get what's up with you,"he said as he stopped drying the dishes and faced me.
What was I supposed to say?The fact that I was actually starting to like him and actually thought he liked me too was just plain old stupid and naive.

So I just said,"Neither do I ."And left leaving the rest of the dishes for him to dry.
"You're already done?"
"Yea mum."
"Well you and Louis sure are a team aren't you?"
"We sure are ." I said forcing out each word.
"Everything okay back there?" Tye asked once everyone went back to their business.
"Yea." I said smiling at him reassuringly.