Together

Merlin's P.O.V

"You..."

I didn't know how to feel. King Arthur likes me. Me? The one man I've been pining over for attention and affection for forever feels the same. As much as I wanted to hold him tightly and kiss his soft lips, I couldn't.

My legs picked themselves up and I began to sprint away.
Turn around idiot, tell him!
But in response to my commands I began to cry.

I don't know how far I ran or where to but all I knew was that it was dark and secluded. Perfect for weeping my worries in.

I'd finally gained control of my body but had decided against going back to him. He was probably pretending and I've just completely overreacted. 

The tears wouldn't stop as much as I was trying to keep silent. It was quite impressive the amount I could cry. I could quite literally cry a river.

Arthur's P.O.V

He ran off. Should I go after him? People only run when they don't want to be where they are. My confession obviously got him to think I'm some gay weirdo. I got him to bathe me for God's sake!

I have to explain. What if he told someone. My reputation would be soiled. Does it matter anymore? Now that the one I'd ever truly loved hated me, what do I have left? We need to talk.

I wiped my eyes not realising I'd been tearing up. The guard outside had informed me that Merlin had made his way down the left corridor. And so I was off. Each guard I passed would give me extra directions as to his whereabouts.

The old storeroom?
The guard informed me that the open door in the corner was where he was last seen running. If that's true I should probably prepare what I'm going to say.

"Haha I don't actually love you it was a prank" I can't lie now.
"Tell anyone and I will have you executed." Well that was a brutal thought.
"Look you don't have to reciprocate the feelings, just don't leave me"

I guess that sounded somewhat kinder. I'd settled on this and walked into the dark room.

"M-" I was just about to call his name when I heard a loud whimper. I've never felt worse.

Merlin's P.O.V

Footsteps entered the dark room. I held in my cries. "M-" it's him. The thought of him being here made me fall apart again.

I need to apologise. He probably thinks I hate him. I don't. In fact I probably love him.

Regardless of what my mind says I was unable to control any other part of my being.

Say sorry. Tell him. Say sorry. Tell him. Say sorry. Tell him. TELL HIM!

I'd managed to conjure something in me. Specifically my magic...

The door slammed shut and all of the candles were suddenly lit. I could see his face now. He was scared but I could also see regret. I should let him speak.

"Sorry about that..." I smiled.
"Sit, we should talk" I gestured next to me.

His chainmail scraped the stone floor. He cleared his throat in anticipation to speak.
"Look you don't uh, have to, y'know, like m-me back,"

He sounds like a toddler. I have to put an end to this.

Arthur P.O.V

I attempt to recite the sentence and it comes out like hot garbage. I'm a mess. All the while his blue eyes are piercing my heart.

Suddenly he smirks.
"Don't worry sire, I love you too" and with that he pulls me into a deep kiss. It didn't last too long but it was perfect.
"You are and will always be my royal prat" he giggles.

"I guess we should probably get out of the closet. People might get suspicious," I suggest nervously. How is he so calm.

"Before we do, you do realise you are married to Gwen. We could never be together," he's right.
I could never divorce Gwen.
Maybe she'd understand.

"Uh, sire" there was a knock on the wooden door. "What is it, Percival?"
"What are you doing?"
"Having some quality time with my servant. And you?"
"I'll just go" and he was gone.

"I think she'll understand." I said rather confidently.

"After you," I say after opening the door to leave. He smiles and I follow him out. I'm so glad we are finally together.

~~~~~~~~~~•~•~~~~~~~~~~~

Might be the end. Or I'll do an epilogue but we are getting close to the end. Tell me what you think.

-Your humble bumble bee