Chapter 1

Published: January 3rd 2019
Edited: October 11th 2019

You felt your whole body aching, as if someone was sitting of your chest. You flutter your eyes open and see a round blue boy on your chest. He was staring at you with wonder and awe, he couldn't be above the age of ten. He wore a blue hoodie, a bright smile, and a spade covered his eyes. Despite his adorableness, you were in complete shock.

"AHHHHH!" You screamed loudly out of fear. Your high pitched scream could shatter glass. The blue boy stumbled back with fear, knocking him off of the bed. "Dad! She's awake!" The boy yelled as he ran out of the room.

You looked around you, you sat in a well made luxury bed. F/c glossy silk sheets, a feather pillow, a silky duvet, wooden bed stand tables, a bathroom, and a fluffy white rug. The room was clearly over done with the finest of objects.

You sat up and walked over to the bathroom. You looked in the mirror to see yourself dressed in a puffy blue dress, it felt like silk. You groaned softly, you hated dresses. You stood up and walked over to the closet before flinging the doors open. You ran your fingers over the racks of clothes before finding the perfect outfit; leggings, a sweater, and converses. You slipped on the more comfy clothes. "Much better."

You sighed loudly and sat back on your comfortable bed, awaiting the blue boy.

After a bit, the door creaked open. "Hello!" Said a sweet voice, the boy hopped onto the bed and sat infront of you. "Sorry for scaring you earlier." He said, his hood drooped. You smiled lightly and chuckled, he was so pure. "It's okay, what's your name child?" You asked. "Lancer! The bad guy!" He said confidently, glaring to the air with his hands on his hips. "...and you are?" He said looking back at you. "Y/N." You said sweetly.
"Now come on! My dad needs to see you!" He said yanking you off the bed with a giggle. "Lead the way Lancer!" You said playfully.

There you were, you stood before the king. The plump Spade King sat atop his throne, towering over everyone in the castle. You, stood infront of the king with a fierce look, you aren't going to let some King control you. "Lancer,Why are you holding her hand? You aren't suppose to touch lighteners." The Kings voice boomed. "My apologies." Your brows furrowed with anger, how dare he talk to his son in such manner. You looked below you to see a trembling Lancer. You instantly felt to your knees, cupping the poor boys cheeks. "On moment Lancer." You said softly before kissing his forehead and standing back up. You crossed your arms

"Excuse me, King of Spades, I didnt even get the chance to speak and you decide to just cuss me out, and your son? Really? And you call yourself a just ruler?" You sneered. "Don't you dare speak to me in that tone, little Lightener. You don't know what I could do to you." He growled with irritation. You chuckled softly before uncrossing your arms smugly. "Wow, man, great first impression!" You said sarcastically, loudly clapping your hands. You watched the Kings tubby face boil with rage. "GUARDS! Take my son to his room!" The King order as he hopped off of his throne. Lancer was taken away by a guard as the King stood infront of you. He towered over you , his shadow casting darkness upon you.

"What gives you the right to speak to me like that?" The King said, grabbing your hand forcefully. "What gives YOU the right to speak to people like that? Your just a Darkener, you have no control of me." You corrected him. The King bellowed deep laughter, ignoring your comment. Suddenly his fat fingers squeezed your small neck, choking you. "You foolish Lightener. Do you think I really care about people, you really think I'm just a Darkener like the rest of you? Ha! I could kill you right now if I wanted to." His deep voice whispered into your ear. Suddenly, an idea popped into your head.

With full force, you kicked the King in the gut, just like that he fell to his knees. You released yourself from the Kings grip and headed back to your room, that was easier than you thought.