Favorite Shirt

Roger hadn't left me alone since the museum. Keeping a hand on me while were in the car or keeping a watchful eye while they were doing a sound check for their second show in Atlanta. I'd smile at him every time I caught him looking or wiggle my fingers at him, making his mouth move into a wide grin. It'd make my smile grow even wider, tickled at how happy he was now. His demeanor had changed drastically since we kissed, like he had a little more pep in his step than before.

Like all he needed was me. And as sappy as it sounded he was just what I needed. His upfront and in your face personality fit perfectly with me. I was excited to see what would happen with us, but of course I was nervous too. I'd be leaving tomorrow morning and he'd be staying, going to another state for another show. And then doing that again and again and again. I'd never done anything long distance, or date a famous drummer. I felt my stomach start twisting around.

What if he cheated? I sat and watched him make out with every girl he saw at the bars last night, and that was right in front of my face. What would he do while I was gone? As hard as I tried to push the thoughts to the back of my mind, they sat comfy at the front and made me feel nauseous. The crowd started to slowly be let in and the guys went back to their dressing room, Mary and I following close behind them.

I stood and watched while Roger got his hair teased by someone and it was quite the show, shying away from him cause he was a tender headed baby. "I hope you aren't this rough with your wife." He said between winces, making me laugh and the hairdresser rolled his eyes. "And what are you laughing at?" "Oh nothing." I tried to cover my mouth and hide the laughing, but the corner of his mouth twitched into a small smile.

"You seem to be in a better mood." The stylist had finished and left us to our semi-secluded corner, the other 4 on the other side caught up in their own conversations. "Better mood?" He pulled my arm so I was in front him, my back to the mirror now. "Looked like something was bothering you during sound check. Everything alright, love? Is it Aaron?" I closed my eyes and tilted my head back. I hadn't even thought about Aaron, I still needed to call and end things. 

I always preached about everything needing to be said in person and not over the phone like a coward, but this is the one thing I needed to do over the phone. I didn't want to see him ever again. "I still have to call him and end things." He reached up and cupped my cheek with his hand. "Don't do it while I'm around. I'd hate to threaten a man over the phone in another country." I laughed a little and he pulled me into his lap, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"That's not it though, is it? What's bothering you?" I met his eyes and he had a uneasy look on his face. "It's something that we can talk about later." "I hate to breakup the honeymoon, but you've got to get dressed, Rog." A felt a blush grow at Brian's comment, Freddie slapping his arm for saying it. I hopped off his lap and he stood up, stripping his clothes off and pulling new ones on, and I couldn't help but stare.

Roger had no business looking this good, but here he was. The worst part is that he knew he looked good too, using advantage of it any chance he got. He pulled on a white leather vest with tassels hanging on the sides of it, and finished it off with a silver choker around his neck. It felt like the entire room had rose in temperature, but I couldn't take my eyes off him. "Like what you see?" He was smirking at me and my mouth twitched into a smile. "I always have." We both smiled, remembering back to the night in Brian's house when I borrowed a shirt.

"They're ready for them." One of the stage directors had came to get all of them for the show. Mary turned back and looked at me. "I'll come find you." She smiled and headed out the doors behind the guys, leaving Roger and I alone. He stood in front of me and I couldn't stop myself from reaching up and running my fingers along the choker. "Like it?" I licked my lips and nodded at him, making him laugh.