Field Day

NOTE: hiiiiii, the story is ghostly going along with the plot of the movie, but I haven't decided if I want to use movie Roger or real Roger yet I guess we can decide that later ;)

-------

I swore I was going to be better, but who can say no to free drinks? I had seen a flyer in the hall outside my flat for a band playing in a nearby bar and they were offering free drinks for ladies before 10 so here I was taking my ID back from the bouncer who smelled like he hadn't showered in days.

"American?" I furrowed my brows at him. "Yes?" Was that a question or a statement? He waved me in and I quickly found my way to the bar. I ordered a drink and looked around the room that was slowly filling with people, mostly girls of course. "Yuengling." The bartender said and I turned around to grab the glass, but my hand met with someone else's.

I looked over and met green eyes and a smile. "I've never met anyone with the same taste in beer as me." I said, pushing the glass towards her. "The only beer that taste good in my opinion." She picked it up making my eyes go wide. "I say the same thing!!" She snorted a little, making some of the beer drip out of the glass.

"I'm Mary." The bartender pushed another beer towards me and I picked it up. "Memphis." And at the same time we clinked our glasses together, causing us both to laugh this time. "Did we just become friends?" She took the seat beside mine. "Yes, yes we did. I can tell you're American are you in town just visiting or have someone who lives here?" Did everyone feel the need to point out I was American. "I'm here for school actually, getting a degree then going who knows where." She laughed, I liked Mary.

"That just means you can be my date to these shows from now on." "You come to these often?" I gestured towards the stage where the band had finally started coming out and seemingly all of them needing haircuts. "I'm friends with their new lead singer, he hunted me down at work the other week. We've been inseparable ever sense." I raised my brows at her. "Do I smell a relationship?" Her cheeks went bright red which gave me an answer without her speaking. I took a sip of my beer as the band started up,

-----

They played several songs and for a bar band they were pretty good. The set had ended and Mary was gushing over Freddie, excited for me to meet him. I didn't want anything tying me down while I was here. No friends, no boys, nothing. But I had a feeling Mary would put up a fight to be my friend and she was hard to dislike.

"Darling!" I was pulled from my bitter thoughts and looked over seeing the lead singer making his way to Mary to hug her and she grinned. "Freddie this is Memphis, we just met but we've decided to come to the shows together from now on." I smirked a little, brushing my hair over my shoulder and looking back to seem him smiling at me. "What'd you think of the set, dear?" He knew it was good, regardless what came out of my mouth. "I came for the free drinks, the band was okay entertainment." A small smile grew on his face. "Roger is going to have a field day with you."