Defeated Girl

I hadn't stopped pacing around my living room since I had called Aaron and told him to come over so we could talk. I was going to Atlanta to see them perform. I had already told Freddie and Roger I would see them this weekend and there was no way I was backing out. "Why am I here again?" Mary questioned me as she aimlessly flicked through channels on the tv. "Mary, I.. I'm scared to tell him i'm going." This got her attention and she stood up, placing her hands on my shoulders to stop me from doing another lap around the couch.

"I'll be in your room the entire time. Try to avoid mentioning Queen too much, bring up your family. You said it yourself he's calmed down. Maybe it won't be as bad, Mem." She was calming me down a little, but I was still worried. Aaron and I haven't said so much as two words about Queen since they left and he always changed the radio if they came on. "But if he does try something, i'll be in your room ready to dial the police."

I smiled lightly and then we both turned our heads when my phone started ringing. I furrowed my brows as I looked at her before we both walked to my room and I picked up the phone. "Hello?" "Love!" Perfect timing Roger. Mary mouthed at me asking 'what does he want?' and I shrugged my shoulders. "I've missed hearing your voice." My whole body turned hot as Mary's jaw dropped, a happy grin on her face. "This isn't really a good time, Rog." I sighed rolling my eyes at his comment.

"Why not?" I heard the lock on my door being fiddled with and I knew it was Aaron. I had given him a key a month ago. Me and Mary locked eyes and panic started to settle in. I covered the speaker to the phone before saying something to her. "Go hide, the locks difficult it still takes him a minute to open it." She nodded before taking off and I tried to calm my breathing. "Roger I have to go." I said sternly. "We've barely said two words Memphis how you gonna do this?" "Please, can I call you back later?" "What's happening over there? Are you ok?"

I could tell he was getting concerned and I felt bad for doing this, but it didn't stop me from smiling at the thought of him being worried about me. But I couldn't start the conversation with Aaron by telling him I was on the phone with Roger. "Aaron is here." Silence. All I could hear was Roger's breathing and Aaron still fiddling with the lock. "So, you're telling me," Oh boy. I could hear how pissed off he had gotten in the moments he was quiet. "that he's more important than-" I heard the door open and I slammed the phone down.

"Memphis?" Aaron was calling my name looking for me and then the phone rang again. I set into a panic as I picked it up quickly, already knowing who it was. "You can't bloody hang up on me, not for that bloke are you jok-" I hung up again and quickly made my way to the kitchen where Aaron was. "Hi, babe." I smiled as I pressed a kiss to his cheek. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me pulling me in for a real kiss. "I've missed you, feel like I haven't seen you in days. Tell college I want my girl back." I let out a tight laugh, but he didn't notice.

"What'd you want to talk about?" I suppose we're wasting no time then. I could feel my palms start to get sweaty as I rubbed them together. "Well I just wanted to talk to you about me going back home to Atlanta for the weekend. See my friends, parents." I shrugged my shoulders trying to act as calmly as possible and watch my words. "I'm sure that'd be nice, you deserve a break." He smiles down at me, placing a soft kiss to my forehead. I had wrapped my arms around his torso, tilting my head so I was looking down to try and help level my breathing. "Queen will be in town while I'm there. Might go see the show, I haven't seen them since they've gotten big." I said trying to sound as non interested as I possibly could. But I felt his arms tense up around me.

"What?" Oh no. "I mean it's just they've asked me to come see them they knew I would be in town this weekend anyways so-" I stopped talking, I knew I had already said too much. His hand came from around me and tilted my chin up so I was looking him in the eyes. "You've been talking to them." I could feel my heart in my throat and my breathing had gotten quicker as the seconds went by. I felt like I was going to puke. "They call sometimes." I said trying to play it off, knowing I wasn't a good liar at all. "Who?" Oh no. No no no no no. This was not going to end well and I regret ever mentioning Queen being there. "Roger."

Aaron closed his eyes and I didn't say anything, but his arms were still tense around me. He had calmed down a lot since the last time he'd hurt me, he had moved past it. I could argue with him over this if he wanted to. That was perfectly fine. When he finally opened his eyes they were darker than before and my breath hitched in my throat as he slammed me up against the fridge. He was far too quick for me to get away and his hand was soon around my throat, cutting off just enough of my air flow for me to slowly start getting light headed. "You don't fucking listen to anything I tell you, do you?" My hands tried to pull his hand away from neck but it was no use, he had a grip from hell on me. "I thought you'd be easy, do as you were told and not fight back. But I don't want having to put you in your place sometimes." I reached out trying to slap at his face but my arms was just too short and the longer he held his grip the more faint I felt. I let out a faint cry, but it wasn't loud enough for Mary to hear. "All that boy- no, all that child does is lust over you. You'd be one good fuck for him and that'd be that. I can offer you a fucking life. And happiness."

His grip had loosened slightly and I was getting more air than before which I was thankful for. I started digging my nails into his arm hoping this would make him let me go, but all he did was let out a chuckle and give me an evil smirk. "When will you learn to stop fighting back." He let go of me and I fell to the ground on my knees gasping for air and grabbing my neck. "If you don't want to see this happen again, I suggest not seeing Queen." I kept my eyes on the ground trying to calm my breathing and I heard the door slam. A few seconds later I heard Mary's faint voice calling for me. I couldn't get any words out, but Mary's face went white when she found me on the kitchen floor "Oh my god- Memphis-" She pulled me towards her and held me, unable to form a sentence. I closed my eyes and let silent tears roll down my face.

------------------

Mary and I barely spoke on the ride to the airport and I slept the entire plane ride there. She knew it wasn't something I wanted to talk about and after a heavy cry I fixed my makeup and we grabbed our bags and left. I told myself I would end things Aaron while I was here, knowing he couldn't do anything while i'm in another country. I didn't even care about losing my job anymore, I feared for my own life at this point.

I sat in the chair looking at myself in the vanity mirror, the only thing I saw was a bruised neck and a defeated girl. I felt one small tear roll down my cheek, but I quickly wipe it away. This was behind me, I would never see him again. I didn't know when I would call and end things, but it could wait until after the show. I wanted to enjoy the boys tonight and couldn't wait to see them performing for a crowd bigger than the ones we saw at bars.

I hadn't heard Mary walk over, but when a jar of makeup was sat in front of me I looked up and met her sympathetic smile. "I can cover anything up." I let out a light hearted laugh and turned to face her as she sat down on her knees in front of me. "No one has to know." She reassured me, blotting the brown liquid to my neck. "How did I let this happen." I said aloud, but only for myself to really hear. "I don't know why things happen, but I believe they happen so something else can happen."

She turned me so I was facing the mirror again and the bruise was barely noticeable, only if you knew it was there. "Nobody will see it." She fluffed my hair are little before pushing all of it to either side of my neck, covering it even more. "Nobody. Not even Roger."

------------

a ~typical~ 4 am post from yours truly!!!!

SO much is going to happen in these next couple chapters

I CANT FCKING WAIT EITHER KDJBFVKJHVKJBH