quatre.

lucas was out to buy a cake for jungwoo's birthday. the male had no idea what to get for him but he hoped that for now, a cake would suffice. lucas had just debuted and so he doesn't quite have enough money yet to get something expensive for jungwoo unlike his other hyungs who had already mentioned getting the birthday boy an extravagant gift.

walking through the busy streets of seoul in his disguise, lucas felt like a regular person for once. ever since he had debuted as an nct member, he had seen his face all over social media platforms. not that he didn't like the good feedback he got but that it was just so surreal for him that a lot of people know of him and that they acknowledged him enough to be part of nct.

after debuting in the group, lucas was thrown in different variety shows with different idols to get more exposure for himself. he felt bad for his kun hyung as the other male was stuck waiting to be part of a permanent unit. all kun could do was promote in china and do vlives with the other members.

as he approached an aesthetic looking bakery shop, he decided to go in and look around for something to get for jungwoo. despite his disguise, his attire gave off the idol vibe. lucas hoped no one would be able to recognize him.

as he walked around further into the shop, he heard a small whine coming from a girl across from him. like him, she was also wearing a hat and a mask.

"aish oppa. i forgot my wallet back home but i want to take this home to my unnies." he heard the girl say.

"but i forgot my money at the office. let's just go back some other time." the older looking man replied back to the blonde.

lucas felt bad seeing such a scene. the girl seemed to really care about her unnies that even she wanted to desperately buy them a cake. he pursed his lips and grabbed the one he wanted for jungwoo before approaching the counter.

"i want to pay for this please and can you also include the cake that the girl wanted to get as well?" lucas tried his best in korean. he was not fluent at the language just yet but he was trying his hardest to learn. despite his broken korean, the employee seemed to understand him and nodded, ringing up the two cakes for him.

after paying for both of the cakes, lucas thanked the employee and bowed, slightly before approaching the girl.

"uhmm excuse me...i just wanted to give you this." lucas spoke, softly.

as the girl turned towards him, he swore his breathe was taken away from him just like that. despite the mask and the hat that hid most of her features, lucas saw her eyes. her eyes were round and wide, filled with purity and innocence. like all the happiness in the world belonged in her eyes.

the female spoke softly to him, her voice somehow very familiar yet he couldn't point his finger on it.

"oh. ahjussi, y-you didn't have to." she stuttered. lucas could tell how flustered the girl was.

"i wanted to. you seem to really care about your unnies." lucas smiled at how adorable the girl was acting.

the female hesitated but took the box from him, the tips of their fingers brushing against each other. based from the small contact, lucas could tell how soft her fingers were. the girl gave the box to the older male behind her and turned to him again, pulling down her mask to reveal her face.

lucas was shocked to see who he had come across to.

"kamsahamnida, ahjussi. i'm forever thankful for your kindness." she bowed and gave him a wide smile.

"a-ah...you're welcome, sunbaenim." he replied, bowing to her repeatedly. now he was the one flustered.

"y-you know who i am?" the blonde was shocked.

lucas was pretty surprised at her modest reaction. 'is she kidding me? she's literally the most popular member of her group and she's asking me if i know her?' the chinese man thought to himself.

"n-ne. i'm lucas wong of nct, sunbaenim." this time he was the one who pulled his mask down, revealing his bright smile to the female.

"t-there's no need to call me sunbaenim, lucas-ssi. just call me lisa." the girl smiled at him and lucas swore he could die right then and there from hearing his name come out of her mouth.

lucas had admired lisa since she debuted. he was still a trainee back then and he had seen clips of her dancing and rapping. she definitely fit his type. in lucas' opinion, lisa's dancing was out of this world. her dancing was in his taeyong hyung's level...remarkable and her body was made to dance.

"i have to go, lucas-ssi. thank you for the cake again. i promise, i'll make it up to you somehow." lisa bowed to him before giving him another one of her killer smile.

lucas bowed back and watched as she left the shop, the smile never leaving his face.

˚̣̣̣͙ - - - - - ˚̣̣̣͙

[A/N: So i made this a little bit longer than how my other chapters are but this is a flashback to how lisa and lucas met and i just want to make it into one chapter. Also, i dedicate this chapter to MILKYKIBUM. I am such a big fan of their stories and for them to see mine is such a huge honour. So i want to dedicate this chapter to my favourite author. You should check out their stories cause i think they're one of the best in my opinion. MILKYKIBUM, i hope we can be friends someday uwu. I love your works and i'm just such a big fan. It means a lot to me to see your comments on my story. KAMSAHAMNIDA!! <3]

 KAMSAHAMNIDA!! <3]