Chapter 33

Quick A/N: Please note I have stated that Sky's hair is red in this chapter... I'm slowly trying to learn to add physical details as people apparently prefer to read with them.
This does not have any effect on the story itself other than physical looks. 
I thank you for reading this far despite me not having done this <3 I really appreciate it :D 

____________________________________________

It only took Sky a few seconds upon awakening to recall that today was the day she had been dreading for a while now – hence why she hadn't set an alarm for school. Much to her relief, the maids seemed to understand and let her be as no one had come in to bother her.

She made no noise as she rolled over onto her side, staring across the room towards her wardrobe and what precious relic it held within its confines. She released a light sigh but refused to let any tears roll – because tears would neither change the meaning of this day nor make it pass by any faster.

Sky threw the duvet off herself as she sat up, her eyes momentarily leaving the wardrobe as she looked around for clothes to wear for the day. She knew that although she did not want to face the day, she had to.

She found what clothes she wanted to wear hanging over a nearby chair; the clothes were right next to the scarf that she had been gifted from Mason for Christmas and she smiled as she looked at it.

As she got changed she shot a quick look over at the clock on her bedside table and although she hadn't set an alarm she found that she was only running a little late for school. She let out a breathless laugh as she realised that was probably Mason's doing – tuning her body into waking up at the right time. She probably wouldn't be able to eat breakfast but she should still be able to make it to school on time.

Did she really want to though?

Once she was changed she made her way over to the wardrobe and opened it to then dig her hand into the far corner, underneath her t-shirts, to withdraw a small box.

She opened it up to reveal her most treasured possession – her necklace. She removed the necklace from its box and as usual just admired its simplicity for a moment. She rarely removed it from its box as it was her good luck charm – she had never lost a battle without it. Then again, she had never lost a battle at all.

Though she wore it today for a completely different reason.

She turned to watch herself in the mirror as she put on the necklace, its beauty slightly reflecting the sunlight that was shining into her room through the window. She almost laughed at how painfully plain the necklace was – a stark contrast to her bright red hair that made her stand out almost everywhere she went.

But there also wasn't a necklace quite like it.

As she once again looked at the alarm clock behind her in the mirror, she realised that Mason had probably left already. She hadn't necessarily thought about the threats that Mason could face if he were to walk to school alone this morning when she didn't set her alarm – and she also hadn't thought of how displeased Lisette would be with her to let him go alone.

She quickly pulled the scarf off the chair and wrapped it haphazardly around her neck, grabbing her bag that was by her door before she raced down the stairs to run out after him.

The first thing Mason heard was the pounding of footsteps on the pavement behind him, scaring him half to death as he worried about who it could be. Upon turning around, ready to fight, he saw that it was Sky and breathed the biggest sigh of relief.

"You should announce your presence next time before you scare me by running up behind me like that," he said as Sky reached his side and slowed down beside him.