The Princess's Pet (Part 14: Inquiry)

Grace Turner, Princess, (POV)

"Pleaseeee... Pettty.....petty please? I want ta see da kitty!" Kana pleaded to me outside my door. "Kana, that is not how to ask for something. Your not to far off from becoming six. You need to stop the baby pleading. And no, not tonight." I said trying to firm up and get my little cousin to stop pestering me. "But..." I put my hand out to silence her only ick.. "Really?" I said cringing as my hand just got slobber licked. That got me giggles.

"Your highness here." A waiting maid said taking a hand cleaner and towel out as I gave my hand in approval. "I want to see the kitty." Kana snipped in front of me. "Sophie needs rest. And if you don't behave, your going to go to bed with a score bottom." I threatened knowing that it was out of my hands to whether or not my cousin got spanked.

"Young Miss, your highness forgive me, but young miss please settle. How about her highness reads you to sleep and tomorrow you can see Sophie." The hand maid said. I felt pleased to have good staff. "That can do." I said getting a look from Kana. "However, for that to happen you need to bathe, go to bed and behave between now and tomorrow after breakfast." I told her and pointed to the maid. "Now go with her, Kana, and I will be to your room shortly." I said trying to keep myself together.

Its been several hours since the incident in the throne rooms. Never before was I more glad for palace codes that gave us excuse to dismiss early and summon the doctor. Dinner was very meek after and little words. My heart ached for Sophie who was sedated asleep on my bed. I ordered her to be dressed in a night gown. My heart ached and bled for my pet.

Entering in my room I could see, Sophie, sedated and asleep on my bed. Small whimpers and shakes still happening as I came over in concern. I could only wonder in mindless woe to her past. Why did she react that way? I  knew a little but she was so tight lipped to her own past. It seemed as if she was haunted.

A knock came at my door which made me jump a bit as my mind left its wondering. "Who is it?" I called out. "Grace." I heard as I got up and darted over opening the door to be face to mostly face with my father. "Yes, Dad?" I asked as I could see concern in his eyes as well. "How is she?" Dad asked of me. I stepped aside. "Come see yourself." I said closing the door behind him.

I loved these moments when I could speak formally to my father in more familiar terms over protocol terms. I watched as he leaned over and stroked her hair. "I plan to have our Royal Doctor spend more time with her and get additional specialist. I also intend to confine her under a interrogation inquiry. I believe its time we get to her whole past and collect answers." Dad said to me which bittered my mouth and nearly upset me.

"Is this your desire as King or my father who seeks to help his daughter's pet." I asked unknowingly to why I spoke it. "I suppose my thoughts to this action is a bit of both." My father said to me before kissing Sophie's forehead and then hugging me. "Don't forget your promise to Kana." He said breaking the hug and taking leave.

Calling a maid over, I had her stay as I walked out to Kana's room. "Young miss, please settle down and wear this. A lady should not be so naked much less in just underwear." Was what graced my ears from the otherside of the door. I heard a snicker near me only to see Lura with a puffy eye Alvin. "You could help to Lura." I said as I knew by sight Alvin got in dog house.

"No thanks I got lectured cause of munchy here" Lura said unhappily. "Got into the kitchen fridge again?" I asked knowing the obvious. "Yes, now I got to see to it he gets a sound belting after his little busted snack raid and scuffle. Barny caught him." Lura told me rather as if of fact. "Fine night then." I said not daring to get into a third headache. I turned to the door opening it as I caught a panty running six year old who began squirming with laughter.