The Light Of Thranduil

*This chapter is very much inspired by the song "Silver Strand" by The Corrs

The song is an instrumental, and the first time I heard it, only one thing came up in my mind. Thranduil. For me, I consider this his character song. I couldn't think of any other music. So, here we go...

~~O~~

"You will hear me!" The Elvenking exclaimed.

He could not let her go.

Bright white light encased the lifeless girl, making her body floated a few inches above the bed. Thranduil, placing his hand on top of her head, released his raw energy. His other hand, rested on her belly. The light became brighter and brighter, it illuminated not just in the healing room but in the entire land of Rivendell. Everyone present in that place saw it, no one spoke nor explained the sensation they felt.

It was powerful. His light was pure and powerful.

"Father."

Tears formed on his son's eyes. He did not feel his father's power this strong before.

He understands now.

The desire to love again, the desire to prevent the one he loved from leaving. He was seeing all of it now, on his father.

"Thranduil." Elrond said to himself. "That's what I am waiting for you to do. I know you can do it, because I have already seen this."

~~O~~

"A new light means a new beginning." Manwë said. "You still have a long way to go, young one."

"But all the pain will become a part of her memories." his wife told him. "Will she be able to make it?"

"She will, my love." Manwë replied. "She may have been lost, but Thranduil will find her. He will always find her."

"How will he know that we allowed it?" Varda asked.

"When she sees the light in his eyes, Thranduil will know." Manwë answered. "And here he comes.."

Threads of light suddenly appeared and surrounded them. It reached towards Mirialia and wrapped around her body.

"Go back now, child." Manwë echoed. "Your new life on Middle Earth awaits you."

The light forcefully retrieved her, and pulled her away from the divine beings.

"Light will now always shine upon your road, Thranduil." Varda smiled.

The three beings started to disappear, as Mirialia was now being taken away from the dark.

~~O~~

Meanwhile, a golden-haired elf was standing at the top of a mountain. Looking up, he saw rays of light shining across a distant sky.

"What is that?" an old man asked curiously, while he walked towards the elf.

"That, my friend," the elf answered. "is the light of Thranduil."

"Oh, the Elvenking?" the old man said.

"Yes." the other said. "And it looks like he was able to go beyond his own limits."

"It is all because of her, then. Are you going to visit her?" the man asked, holding firmly on his staff.

"I might." the elf smiled. "It is time for us to meet her. Don't you think?"

~~O~~

A pulse.

Her body started falling back on the bed slowly. The light that encased her were now retreating back to its source.

A heartbeat.

A small gasp was heard coming from the subject. Everyone in the room stared as her chest started to rise up and down lightly.

She was back.

Finally.

"Father." Legolas walked towards him.

The elf shook his head and let himself fall down in a chair beside him. Tiredly, he dismissed his son with a wave of his hand. Thranduil fixed his stare at the broken girl on the bed, a storm raging in his heart. He then let his head fall back and stared at the ceiling, while blinking with moist eyes.

"They almost took her away." he said to himself.

~~O~~

Mirialia's body started to become warm again while Elrond continued to check on her.

"She is back." he announced to everyone. "The lady is breathing."

Gimli took a deep breath, and silently thanked the Valar for bringing her back.

Eomer, on the other hand, could not believe everything that he just witnessed. "This is...this is just.." he said, while massaging his chin.

"Impossible." Eowyn finished his sentence.

~~O~~

Nighttime came and everyone in Rivendell was delighted when they heard the news that Mirialia was alive. Legolas looked for his father, and found him sitting at a balcony near the waterfall. He sat at the curved wooden bench across him. He watched and smiled, admiring the figure in front of him.

"Why are you smiling, son?" Thranduil asked, not looking back at him. He continued staring at the waterfall.

"I have never seen you use such power before, Father." Legolas said.

"I was left with no choice." Thranduil said gently. "Her spirit was trapped in the dark. I forcefully took her out."

"She has not woken up yet." his son told him.

"Let her rest. She needs it." Thranduil said.

"You did great, Father." Legolas commented. "No, what you did is beyond greatness."

He stood up and was about to leave, when he stopped and turned around. "You have changed."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Thranduil turned his gaze to his son.

"It means you are healed." Legolas answered. "She healed you. You better thank her. Rest well."

Thranduil watched his son as he walked away. He looked at his hands, and let out a small smile.

"Well done, Thranduil." a voice suddenly spoke in his mind. "The maiden healed you, now it is time for you to heal her."

"I will. Thank you...Celeborn." The Elvenking replied.

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!