Lair Of The Flying Beasts

~~O~~

After a few more hours of sleep, Mirialia had woken up feeling slightly more refreshed. While taking a bath, she felt worried for the action that she will be doing...again. She was hoping that Thranduil really could not read her mind. Her train of thought did not last long, however, for she felt excited too.

Upon exiting her chamber, she wore a long sleeved, dark blue ankle length dress with black embroidery that closed under her chest by a few buttons. The darker tone of the gown gave her skin a white glow, a vivid contrast with her eyes and hair. She also settled on pulling up her long dark brown hair in a tight bun, tendrils falling from it and framing her face.

The young woman descended the stairs from the hall slowly and gracefully. Cautiously, she made her way through the tunnel where she and Malbim did the escape once. She sighed in relief as she reached the end of it, hoping no one noticed her. A thrill of excitement ran up her spine, as she walked further in the forest.

While slowly approaching the place where Glorfindel will meet her, she noticed a figure walking ahead of her. The said figure was smaller than her, wearing a cap of iron and holding a broad-bladed axe. Mirialia stopped at her tracks and tensed immediately, she had no doubt she heard the stories from the corsairs about them.

"A dwarf?" She gasped softly.

When the figure turned to face her, his long beard made it clear that she was right. No doubt.

"He's a dwarf!" She pitched.

She ran towards him, her eyes widened in amusement, which brought the smaller figure a feeling of uneasiness.

"You're a dwarf!" She pitched louder, and innocently.

The creature gave her a hard, if not, curious look while scrutinizing her.

"You don't have to point that out, my lady. I am well aware of what I am." He said frankly.

She smiled widely, amusement twinkling in her eyes. It was the first time she had seen a dwarf. She only knew them through tales and stories from the corsairs.

"What is your name...if I may ask?" She inquired.

"I am Gimli, son of Gloin. A dwarf of Durin's Folk." He replied proudly. "Legolas, the prince of this realm is my friend. And I'm one of those who rescued you from that ship, my lady."

"Oh..Oh..I did not know." Mirialia said. "Thank you. I remember the corsairs once told me that the dwarves were extinct-"

"Excuse me?!" Gimli shouted. "We are not extin....hmph. Well, you are still seeing a dwarf that breathes. And there are others."

Mirialia suddenly fell on her knees before him and immediately surrounded his neck with her arms, hugging him awkwardly to the dwarf's surprise.

"I am so happy to meet you." She chuckled softly.

"What are you doing here in the forest early in the morning?" Gimli cleared his throat.

Shoulders slumping, she stood up and took a deep breath. Resolving herself to her next gesture no matter the consequences, she looked at the dwarf and spoke firmly.

"I will be meeting Glorfindel here."

"Did you just say Glorfindel?" Gimli asked.

"Indeed." A voice answered him.

He turned his gaze to the being standing next to a tree, detailing his form intensely.

"So, you are Glorfindel."

"I did not expect that we will have company, Miriel." The elf smirked. "And I am more surprised to see that it was a dwarf."

"Oh. I just met him. He's a friend of Legolas." Mirialia replied.