Chapter 3 part 1

Zac and Mimmi had a race to Okam Island. They both started at Zac's house, jumping into the water at the same time, and then growing their tails and swimming as fast as they could.

All mermaids orange tails, and mermen have blue tails. However, a mermen hadn't been seen by The Okam Pod for over two hundred years, due to a massive war between mermen and mermaids. However, The Okam Pod learnt that Zac could be trusted. They had only met one other merman apart from Zac: A merman named Erik. Erik had first tried to activate The Merman Chamber, but Zac had been able to stop him. It was this heroic act that helped Zac gain the mermaid trust.

Zac and Mimmi raced to Okam Island, and after a small while, both of them reached the Moon Pool. Zac was the first to raise his head above the water. About two seconds later, Mimmi did the same. They both swam gently to the rocks and grabbed gold hold of the ledge.

"I won!" Zac grinned, panting slightly.

Mimmi raised her eyebrows. "No, I don't think you did!"

"I was the first to raise my head above the water," Zac told his sister.

"But I entered the Moon Pool first," Mimmi retorted back.

"Just face the facts, sis," Zac laughed. "I'm better at swimming than you."

"Oh! Is that so?" Mimmi joked back. "You thinl I'm not fast enough?"

"Nobody could beat a merman swimming. I could take you down any time of the day," Zac explained.

Mimmi's eyes shone and she grinned. "Okey, you're on. Last one to get to the Ocean buys tonight's drinks."

"I'll beat you easy peasy," Zac laughed.

Mimmi grinned. "We'll see about that."

And the brother and sister dived back into tje water and swam back through the underwater entrance.