Just Friends

A/N

This part is for all you #Falice fans out there who don't think Finn is getting enough attention in this fic :)

End of A/N

FINN

I was just chilling in my room when I got a text message off Alice.

Alice: I'm coming over I can't go back to the flat, I need my best friend.

Had I just unintentionally got friend zoned by the girl I like via text? I suppose I had never really made my feelings clear and this is what happens. Why did she need to come over? And why couldn't she go back to Joe and Caspar's flat?

Finn: What's wrong?

I waited a few minutes for her to reply.

Alice: Something bad has happened, I need to tell someone I trust and I trust you Finn.

She trusted me, from what I had heard from Carrie and a couple of others were that Alice didn't just trust anybody. I wondered what the 'big' thing was, had something bad happened. I shook my head and knew I'd have to wait until she got here before I got my answer.

I decided to go downstairs and begin making a pot of tea, I knew that whenever I needed to talk or get something off my chest that tea just always made things better.

'Whatcha doing Finny?'

I turned around to see Jack leaning casually against the kitchen doorframe.

'I got a pretty frantic text off Alice saying something had happened and she couldn't go back to Joe and Caspar's so she's heading over here.'

Jack took out his own phone and slid it across the counter between us; it was open with three text messages. One from Zoe, another from Joe and the third was from Caspar.

Zoe: Jack I think Alice is heading to yours, I know she's going to tell you two what happened but I've ended it now and would appreciate it if you two kept it to yourselves.

Joe: Is Alice there? Caspar just told me everything. If she's there can she stay the night, she's hurting badly.

Caspar: Tell Alice I'm sorry that I betrayed her trust but I told Joe and he blew up at me.

I looked up at my brother; we both shared the same confused look.

'What the hell went on between the four of them?'

I shrugged my shoulders and showed Jack the second text Alice had sent me.

'I think you've been friend zoned brother.'

Oh crap Jack must have also read the first text. I played around with my fingers.

'Maybe it's for the best, maybe I acted too much like a friend. Do you think I could change her mind?'

Jack shook his head and handed me my phone back.

'See how it goes tonight. I think you two would be good together but then again I'm your brother and just want what's best for you. I love Alice like a sister and would hate to lose her as a friend if anything went wrong between the two of you.'

I understood where Jack was coming from, I didn't want to lose Alice as a friend either but I needed to know if there was any spark between us before I admitted defeat.

The doorbell rang and both mine and Jack's heads snapped towards the front door. Jack came around the counter and patted me on the back.

'Get the door Finny, you can't keep the lady waiting.'