Gold Rush

I jogged off the small stage hearing my name being chanted by my fans. A smile crept upon my face, I was so lucky to be able to preform and live out my dream I worked so hard for. Though I was finally being recognized I couldn't entirely be happy about it. People would love my music, my lyrics but never my face or me as a person. People would call my music beautiful but never me. That's the chunk of happiness I'll never be able to retrieve. Though I'd never be a teenage heart throb I could at least be a musical genius, and that's good enough for me. I was ready to smoke a roll up and have a couple pints with my friend Johnny at a local bar. Stilling hearing the fans demand an encore in the background, much like an annoying mosquito, I hung out back stage for quite a while just strumming a few chords on my guitar. A light knock was placed on my door which startled me slightly. I arose from the small couch, setting down my guitar in the process, and open the black door revealing a very excited Johnny.

"Ayo mate! Let's go! I've been dying for a pint all day now, don't keep me waiting" Johnny laughed slapping my shoulder playfully as he did so.

"Eh, yeah just let me grab my wallet real quick" I swiftly turned around heading to the black leather wallet with a paw print on it on the center of the glass coffee table.

"You don't got to pay for this one Ed, It's on me!" Johnny smiled.

"I'm bring money just in case they're any pretty ladies, y'know? Girls love it when you buy them drinks" I winked cheekily at him earning fits a laughter. Johnny nodded then pulled me along with him into his car and drove off. 

We parked the car and exchanged glances.

"Smoke one now or after?" He asked.

"Now man, we'll be too wasted afterwards" I said. Johnny nodded and pulled out a joint, smiling ear to ear like a fool.

"Let's do this mate!" Johnny shouted as he lit it up and took a drag. As he exhaled the smoke he handed it to me. We did multiple times before deciding to finally go inside. We walked inside, getting shouted greetings from several people at the bar. Johnny ran over and quickly ordered our drinks. He wasn't kidding when he said he was dying for a pint. I took the seat on the stool next to him and downed the shots that was placed in front of me. I made small talk with the bartender and rambled on with Johnny.

"Hey, Ed! Look at the sex on legs that just walked in!" Johnny slurred, already drunk, as he nudged my ribs repeatedly. I glanced over in the direction where he was drooling over to see a beautiful, but very revealingly dressed, woman walking in and smiling in our direction. I carefully watched as you made her way to us and sat herself next to me.

Marilyns P.O.V

I glided confidently into bar, wearing a fake proud smile. I was supposed to meet a costumer here around the bar area. I've never met the man and was only given a rough description and a name. My eyes darted all around the room finding any close matches. When I found him I walked my way to him. I plopped myself next to the handsome rugged red haired man.

"Hi" I said biting my lip.

"Hello love" He replied obviously trying to fight a smile. "Would you like a drink?" He asked. I was slightly confused, why buy me a drink? I'm a prostitute not his date.

"Trying to get me tipsy huh?" I joked flirtatiously.

"Maybe a bit" He replied ordering me a random drink. "So why would a girl like you come over to a guy like me?" he questioned, raising a brow. Was he serious? Does he really want to act like he didn't set this up? Like he didn't contact my boss for us to meet up?

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked, still puzzled.

"Well you're gorgeous, don't you realize that?" he replied with another question.