Part Of Me

I opened the door to find an all too familiar honey brown eyes. "Stiles?"

     He rocked back and forth on his heels. "Can we talk?"

    I looked back at the dinner my mom was throwing. "You sure you want to?"

     "Come on Y/N," his slightly puffy eyes shining through the darkness. "Please."

     I sighed and walked outside, closing the door behind me. "Not right here."

     I walked towards the side of the house, and I heard his footsteps behind me.

      I leaned against the wall as he stood with his hands in his pockets. "What?"

      "You look beautiful."

      I rolled my eyes. "If you came here to give me one of your empty compliments you can go."

      "Y/N I came here to talk."

     "Really? Because you haven't been talking the past five days Stiles."

      He sighed. "I know. And I'm sorry."

     "You apology means nothing to me."

       "Can you please just listen to me?" He pleaded.

       I scoffed. "Stiles, you have to know, that I can't believe anything that comes out of your mouth now. I can't trust you. No matter what you say you didn't stop it."

     "I tried to!"

     "Try harder Stilinski."

     He sighed. "Can I explain myself?"

    "Please do."

      "She came over and asked me to help her study. I said yes. When she started getting close I moved to the floor, and then when you had walked in, she was getting in my face for saying no." He explained. "Ask my dad, he could hear me saying no and how much I love you."

     I felt my heart begin to break, and I fought to keep my tough front. "You swear you're not lying to me?"

      "I swear on everything I own, everyone I love, and my life."

     I looked down at my hands while a stray tear fell from my eye.

      "Why are you crying?" He walked forward and grabbed my hands. Part of me wanted to take them out of his grasp, but the other part wanted them to never leave it.

      I looked up. "I want to believe you Stiles. I really do. I love you."

     "I love you too."

      "God I want to believe you. But part of me doesn't." I took in a shaky breath. "I know how amazing of a guy you are Stiles. I do. I know you'd never hurt me. But I also know people make mistakes."

     He sighed. "I know it's going to take a while to get you to trust me."

      I looked into his honey brown eyes and smiled. "Those God damn eyes Stilinski. They get me every time."

      "Does that mean you'll give me and my god damn eyes another chance?"

      I chuckled. "Screw up again and you'll regret it." I wrapped my arms around his neck, my heels making me tall enough for our eyes to meet.

      "I love you."

     "I love you too."