10. Night-Time Scenarios

Start from the beginning

'It's okay,' I tell him, slightly smiling to give my words some power. 'I've laid some stuff for you in the bathroom; the black door across the hallway. If you need anything more, just tell me!'

He smiles. 'Thank you so much, Chimmy!' And he exits the room.

The quiet returns, and I take place on my bed. I hear water running, which let's me know Yoongi has found the bathroom.

The bedding on my bed is covered in soft, black with grey, squares. It looks so tempting, and my head automatically falls down on the pillow. The light on the ceiling suddenly seems so bright, and I place my hand over my eyes, trying to block out some of the brightness. Did my forehead always feel this hot?

A stinging feeling appears in my throat, but my attempt to cough it away only makes it worse. I try to lift my head from the pillow, wanting to get some water from the kitchen to ease the pain, but my energy seems to have left my body. Only black dots appear in front of my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Yoongi's POV]

The pajamas Jimin had grabbed for me barely fit. His frame is a lot smaller than mine. I take a look at myself in the mirror and a smile appears on my face: He'd grabbed pajamas that are covered in little yellow cartoon dogs. Typical.

I pick up my clothes that I wore today and tiptoe back to Jimin's room, trying to be as quiet as possible, so I don't wake up his Mom. She's already done so much for me and has been so nice. Just like Jimin.

I don't think he realizes how much he has actually done for me, as he's determined to demote himself; to act like I don't have to care for him. Which instantly makes me want to care for him even more, because he clearly needs it.

I slowly open the door leading to Jimin's room, trying to keep the squeaking noise as soft as possible. After I close it behind me again, I turn around to look back in his room, which is full of awesome stuff, only to find a sleeping Jimin in the bed.

'Jimin?' I softly whisper as I walk towards him, checking if he's really asleep, but he doesn't react. It doesn't seem like he had planned to fall asleep here either, since the lights are still on, he still has his wet, cold clothes on and no covers over himself.

I softly chuckle. Cute.

It feels wrong, but now I finally have the time to look properly at him. Usually, every time I meet his eyes, he looks away. And all the other times, he has a layer of pain across his face, as he shyly crosses his arms, so that he appears smaller than he actually is. Or when he nervously bites his lip when he doesn't know what to say. I don't think he even knows he does that.

But lying here, he looks so much better. Less nervous, less stressed, less like a skeleton close to death. Even though there is still a red glow all over him and his collarbones still pop just above his shirt.

I should wake him, so he can take a shower and put some warm, dry clothes on, but I don't dare to wake him up. He finally looks relaxed; I don't want to disturb his rest which he so desperately needs.

So, as careful as I possibly can, I take the bed sheets from under him and tuck him in in such a way that his body heat can not escape. I don't want him to catch a cold. Especially since it's my fault that he's wet.

He looks so peaceful.

His hair has almost dried completely and has started to get curly. One pluck covers his forehead. Before I can fully realise what I'm doing, I gently swipe the hair away. As my hand reaches for his forehead for the third time this day, I feel heat radiating from it. How come he's that hot? Has he actually caught a cold?

Guilt rushes over me, as I can only blame myself for this. I already have to sleep over at his house, now he's caught a cold because of me... Can I bring this worried boy any more trouble than he already has?

I quickly tiptoe back to the bathroom, wet a washcloth, and walk back to Jimin. He doesn't seem to have awoken by me tucking him in, so I carefully sit next to him on the bed and swipe away the sweat that has begun to form on his forehead. Then I carefully place the cold washcloth on his forehead.

When the cloth touches his forehead, he lightly turns to his side. I jump up from the bed, afraid that I've woken him up, but he doesn't open his eyes. He grabs the pillow in his arms and pulls it towards him.

'Yoon...'

I can't help but grin.

I gently rearrange the washcloth so that it's on his forehead again and leave him be. He needs to sleep, hopefully he'll feel better in the morning, or else my guilt will only be worse...

When I finally know how to take my eyes off him,  I turn around to go towards the living room, where I'll go sleep on the couch in his place.

Damn.

When we walked towards his room, I remember he turned off all the lights in the house. I only knew where we were going because of the light from the bathroom and his room that hadn't been turned off yet. The rest of the house I couldn't see one bit, because of my night blindness.

Panic rushes over me. I can't walk towards the living room with no lights! Knowing me, I'll surely knock something over and wake everyone up. And I also can't turn on the torch on my phone, because I was stupid enough to leave it at home, forgetting to bring it with me being too excited to walk Jimin home.

My eyes shift back to Jimin's bed and a thought pops up in my head...

No, I couldn't. We haven't known each other for that long, and he's sick. Surely he doesn't want to wake up seeing a random boy lying next to him, that would just be weird, wouldn't it...?

I sight, take one of the pillows from Jimin's bed, as well as my hoodie, which had already dried, and try to make myself as comfortable as possible on the floor.

I tightly hug the pillow, trying to catch a bit of sleep. Even though I close my eyes, sleep doesn't come.

I'm not surprised.