10. Night-Time Scenarios

I open the door across my Mom's room: my room.

I instantly regret not having cleaned my room when my Mom told me to do so yesterday. Clothes are scattered across the floor, a poster hangs with just one corner on the wall because I still haven't fixed it, and random pieces of paper cover the wooden laminated floor.

Yoongi walks past me and looks around him. 'Yesterday I didn't really have the chance to look around properly, since...-' He doesn't continue his sentence. I know that he doesn't want to bring back the memories of yesterday's event.

His eyes find my bookcase, which is mostly filled with comics and mangas, and immediately starts browsing through my collection. 'This is so much better than the crap my brother reads,' he mumbles to himself, as he takes one of my Fairy Tail mangas and starts paging through it.

Now that his focus is on my books, I've been given the opportunity to quickly clean the worst mess in my room. I notice that my dirty laundry, which usually finds its place in the corner of my room, wasn't there anymore. I silently thank my Mom for at least cleaning that up before Yoongi entered my room.

'Your room is awesome!' Yoongi says in amazement, taking in all the stuff in my room. I smile shyly. 'Thanks, it's not much, but it's all I need'. I'm sure that he wouldn't be able to have this as his own room, since it lacks all the necessary technology Yoongi might want and need for his music.

'You can shower first, I'll lay a towel and some clean pajamas for you in there,' I tell him as I quickly take the first pajamas I see out of my closet and find my way to the bathroom across the hallway, not being able to be in the same room as Yoongi any longer.

In the bathroom I lay the stuff on the corner of the sink, and my eyes find those of myself in the mirror. Is this really happening? How is it possible that he stays over at my house, in my bed?!

Please, for once in my life, let me not mess this up. I don't know why it's that important to me, all I know is that it is.

I fill a cup with water and drink it in one sip, also splashing some water on my face, trying to get rid of those burning red cheeks I have. I take one last look at myself in the mirror.

Why does he even want to stay over. I'm sure he has friends that are a thousand times more composed, good looking and mentally stable. I can offer him nothing but embarrassment and sadness, because that's all there is inside of me.

I sight, close my eyes so I don't have to face my horrible reflection anymore, and walk back to my room, feeling worse than when I left it.

When I re-enter my room, I see Yoongi standing at my desk, looking at something. My feet take me closer to him to see what it is that he's holding.

A picture.

A sudden sharp pain hits me, seeing what picture he's holding. It's a picture of me and my brother, taken a couple of years ago. It was before my endless dieting; when I was still happy. I hate the picture as it reminds me how fat I used to be, but I still haven't thrown it away, holding on to it for some reason.

I say nothing, remembering the moment, when Yoongi suddenly realises my presence and quickly places the picture back on the desk.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to...' He doesn't finish his sentence.

I get what he means, he must still have some questions about how I changed so much. I have told him the necessary things this afternoon, but there is still some personal issues that I myself don't even know about yet. Even though I'm sure he knows that there is something deeper inside me, he doesn't ask about it, which I appreciate. He's already doing so much for me, I don't want him to worry about me even more.