Chapter Five

Chapter Five - Being Named As A Beautiful Distraction.

-----

GRACE'S POV

I woke up slowly and felt myself cocooned in a warm pair of arms. I looked up to see a still sleeping Alex and a big smile formed on my face.

It immediately turned into a frown when I rushed to the bathroom. It was becoming such a routine and I hated starting my morning like that.

I walked back and sat on the bed looking at Alex who had frown on his forehead. I bent down and kissed his forehead and got on the bed, getting his head to sleep on my chest.

I remembered how he used to say that he has the best sleep while sleeping on my chest.

I kept on caressing his hair and thinking about anything and everything. Alex was very stressed for all I could see. He wouldn't tell me but I had to know what was bothering him. I kept quiet but his phone rang loudly. I immediately took the call, it was Moses.

"Hey, Xander! Just giving you heads up about Melanie, she'd up to something." He said before me even saying anything.

"Moses," I muttered and he became quiet as he realized that he slipped the wrong information to the wrong person.

"I'm so sorry, Grace. You weren't supposed to know this." He said regretfully. I slowly put Alex's head out of my lap and let him rest. I walked out of the balcony and looked back at Alex's sleep figure through the glass window.

"Moses, who's Melanie and what's going on? I need tabs, Moses. I can't live like this, without knowing what's going on. Alex wouldn't tell me what's wrong." I said to him because Alex was being stubborn not letting me in.

"Grace, I'm afraid I can't tell you the situation, but I would like to give you a heads up that the situation is bad. I want you to stay strong and hold up Xander. That's all." He said and I hummed slowly.

"Moses, promise me, if anytime the situation goes from bad to worse, you'll tell me, even if Alex denies it," I asked a big piece of him and I knew it would be hard giving it to me.

"Grace... I will. I'll tell you if it goes more wrong. I have to go now." He muttered and I could feel the heaviness in his voice.

"Thank you, Moses. And, keep our this conversation a secret, I don't want Alex having your head now." I joked and laughed. He just chuckled knowing how Alex's temper got the worst of him.

"Now, that is something I glad you told me." I giggled like a little kid.

"Sure, you're his only best friend, after all." I retorted.

"Yeah, that, too. I'll always be glad that he found you and gave me a little sister to take care off." I smiled.

"I'm glad, too. See you, Momo." I teased him and I heard the snort and kept the call before he'd warn me again about not calling him that.

I was smiling. I still remembered that he was a huge help all the times and when we were in Italy. Also, I met him a few times and he couldn't stop but treat me like his little sister.

I walked back in the room and Alex was up rubbing his eyes like a little kid. I went over to him and hugged him, almost jumping on him. He chuckled but attached his lips to mine, which I gladly accepted.

"Come on, bud, we gotta go to work," I announced and he wouldn't stop but laugh at my statement.

"Someone seems happy. Did they get some last night?" He wriggled his brows at me and I blushed.