"Whoa pause nigga. I ain't do shit. I wasn't even there. I heard about it in passing and then seen the news. That shit was everywhere. I tried calling yo ass before it got back to you like that."

"We heard from Asia brothers." I respond shrugging as if she could see me. "Are you okay?"

"Am I okay? My mother was killed. She thought I was dead and was testifying on my fucking behalf and she gets killed. No I'm not fucking okay."

"You wanted revenge, this shit the perfect way to get it. But I wanted to warn you, it's another player involved."

"What? Who?"

"We don't know yet. Just be careful in your dealings and with your girl."

"Crystal get the fuck off my phone, you ain't about to sit and tell me Asia involved in this shit."

"You never know what she knows. All I'm saying is be careful."

I exhale loudly, "Yeah alright." I hang up without bother to say bye. I grab my keys and head out to the car. As I'm walking out the door, a woman is walking up. "Can I help you?" I ask observing the odd looking woman. "Is Asia Evans living here?"

"Can I know who asking and why?"

"My name is Christine. She'll know who I am if you tell her. I'm an old friend of her mama."

"I'll let her know."

"Is her brothers in there?"

"They're unavailable at the moment. I'll let Asia know you stopped by."

"Thank you." She says and gets back in the old best up red car. I watch as she drives off.

***

I ain't had a smoke session like this in ages. I must admit it feels good to blow a lil some and drink  a bit and just kick shit with my nigga. "So where baby mama?" Jah asks. "She should be home by now." I respond looking T the time through the haze.

"So them niggas got 124 years? A piece?"

"Hell Yeah."

"We definitely don't have shit to worry about. All this shit is ours now."

"It already was." I respond nonchalantly. "You gone tell her what we really do all day now?"

"She knows halfway "

"Nah bro, I'm staying the whole story. Y'all need a clean slate, it ain't shit in the way now. Y'all two all y'all got. She need you now."

Normally Jah is the logical one, always the voice of reason. But under the influence this nigga is just as reckless as I am. "It's nothing in the way of us and ima just leave it at that. You think she need my ass. If she find out all this shit was orchestrated she would still leave my ass. Love won't have shit to do with anything."

"Doubt it. She'll be mad as hell but she won't leave. Where she gone go? With what money? How she gone get there? You control everything my nigga."

"Alright nigga no more drinks for you, yo ass sound just like Monte."

"Man hell no, fuck that pussy ass nigga. I'll go piss on that nigga homemade ass grave."

I laugh, "Yeah you done had way too much."

"Maybe I have. But real shit G, look at all the shit we accomplished."

My phone rings and it's Asia. "What's up bae?" I answer. "Where you at?" She asks. "With Jah, Where you?"

"The house." She responds. It's never our house or our home, or even at home- it's always the house like it's a trap or some shit. "Oh. Where Chrissy?"

"Here. Where else she gone be?"

"I was just asking, why the attitude?"

"Nothing. I'll see you whenever you get here."

Nothing my ass. "Alright then." I respond back. "Yeah." She says then hangs up. "What's up with her?" Jah asks. "Who knows." I respond, "Let me get back to the house and see." I say getting up. "Alright bet. Let me know once you get there."

"You got it."

***

I walk inside and smell food from the kitchen. "What's up?" I say walk up to Asia. "Hey." She responds. "It smells good."

"Yeah." She says stirring the pasta around the pan. "Why you had an attitude with me earlier?" She shrugs her shoulders but doesn't say anything. "I miss us, the old us."

"The us, when we snuck around every weekend." Asia says. "Maybe or just the free feeling of being together. Freedom with no restrictions from my point of view anyway." I respond. "Yeah it was cool and kinda thrilling." She turns around facing me smiling. "Can we go back to that forreal this time?"

"Yeah, I mean nothing has changed since we last talked about me being your girlfriend again."

"It's just been feeling a lil weird between us, that's all." Half of that may just be me, I think to myself as my mind goes back to Crystal DNA conversation. "Oh well..." Her voice trails off. "Can I ask you something?" I ask. "Anything."

"We haven't done anything physical since I brought Chrissy back to you when Monte had her, right?" She looks away from me quickly. "Bae..."

"Nah we haven't." She says swiftly then turns back around to the oven. She's lying like hell but how don't I remember it. What the hell man. Rather than debating it in my mind, I let it go. Time will tell soon, who the daddy actually is. It's a lil less than two months to go.