1: Escape

a/n: Felt like doing a concept drawing for the two characters. I haven't drawn "anime" style in years so don't shoot me. I've been really into reading webtoons, manhua, and manwhas recently. 

Jenna breathed heavily as she made it just in time for the bus as it left the station just a few minutes later. She took a seat in the back with her face covered from the cameras and she even wore a wig to try and conceal her identity when her parents realized that she was gone from home. 

She even decided to toss her phone out the window on her ride to the station with the driver giving her a weird look. But he didn't say anything when he dropped her off at the station and she gave him extra to not talk about how she was a passenger. 

She should try and get some sleep but she couldn't. There was a feeling of exhilaration yet nervousness as she looked on the map to decide which town she was going to temporarily stop at. 

All the endless possibilities that she had. 

For the past few months she had been planning to run away from the sheltered and enclosed life that she lived. But her parents telling her that they already had a marriage partner for her was what sealed the deal for her and she had planned her escape. 

Even though she was above the age of legal, her family was powerful enough to control her. Hell, they owned half the city with all its corrupt politicians who ran the county force. They had that many people in the palms of their hands. 

All she had to say was that she was leaving the family. Her parents would be so pissed. The only thing that she would regret was leaving behind her siblings and her mom, her dad not so much as he was the overbearing ass that he was. 

Jenna recalled the last conversation she had with her mom when she realized that she was not on her side. 

"Seriously mom?"She had asked when they told her that she would be marrying the Don of some rival gang. As poetic as the story sounded, she wasn't into some weird Westside Story wannabe tale. That was for the movies, and her partner was supposed to be the head honcho's son. He was the next heir as the current one was rotting in prison.

"It's what your father wants." Her mom answered when she braided her hair down her back. "What about what I want?" 

"If you got what you wanted, you would be ruined goods." Her mom answered and Jenna could only look at her with her mouth open. 

"That's rude." Jenna told her and she received a slap on her arm as an answer. "Sweetheart, you're beautiful and you know that boys only want one thing. I don't trust the men that are out there. We also don't want word that the women of Castigioli put out." Her mom said. 

"I couldn't even see a guy naked let alone for him to screw me before Papa had him castrated and beheaded." Jenna cried thinking about the last guy she had snuck a kiss with. Let's just say she hadn't seen him since.

 Leave it to some backwards ass mob to think of stupid crap rules like that. It was the age of women and Jenna wanted to be free. Which brought her to why she took all the money that she had in the bank and took the next bus out of town. 

Give it twenty four hours before her family started looking for her and hopefully by then she would be long gone.

There. She thought to herself as her finger landed on Portland, Oregon. It was on the other side of the continent and her choosing randomly wouldn't give her family a way of finding her too easily. 

Closing her eyes, she waited until the next stop so that she could find her way onto her newfound path journey to her new future.

***