Chapter 11: Plans & wishes & plans

Start from the beginning

❞You do know what guns are for, don't you, Edwards?❞ James said in a challenging voice.

I sighed deeply and felt anger build up inside of me. Who did they think they were? Well, they were the Richmond brothers. Some people believe that there's a devil. Well, two were standing right in front of me.

❞I think you know what will happen.❞ Harry said.

I felt challenged and this wasn't a fair fight. But the Richmond brothers never played fair.
Not even when it came to football.

❞Oh, please.❞ I murmured.

Harry wasn't always like this. Unlike his brother, he worked hard and didn't need everything to be served on a plate and put in front of him. He even went to college, even though families like ours guaranteed a proper job at a young age already. I knew their parents put hard pressure on them. School was hard for James, but he could've asked someone to help him with his tasks. But the pressure made it worse, James just gave up. Harry was always hard-working,
while James gave up a long time ago. I knew exactly why James was doing this.

❞If you don't think that your life is worth that much anyways, we could always visit your little sister.❞ James expressed.

❞Leave her out of this.❞ I expressed aggressively.

❞Or her child. By the way, did she get a boy or a girl?❞ James added.

I couldn't hold my anger anymore. ❞You bastard!❞

❞Easy, buddy.❞ Harry held me back as I stood up aggressively.

Avery was only 17 when she got pregnant. She was pregnant with twins, Mia and Mason. She never told
me who the father was, but I loved them anyway.

❞I really hope you understand our situation. Now, sign the papers.❞ James said.

I kept quiet, I saw how impatient James got. He couldn't hold it anymore so he approached me
and grabbed me by my lapels.

❞You're going to sign this right now!❞ Spit sprouted as he yelled at me. ❞You know I fooled around with your sister, do you? When was it, let me think... Five, six years ago? It wouldn't be hard to find that pretty face of hers.❞
Were the last words he said before I punched him in the face.

Harry grabbed me and put the gun towards my head. Like every person in this situation, I felt fear inside me. A damn gun is pointed at my head, I thought to myself. That's when I understood that I really didn't want to die. Not because of myself, but because of Avery, Mason, Mia, Catherine, and people that made my life worth something and that didn't deserve to be hurt because of me.

❞Calm down. Let's talk.❞ Was all I could think of saying.

❞Now you want to negotiate?❞ Harry said.

❞Sign this and we're done.❞ James dried the blood running from his nose and slided the papers to me.

I looked back at Harry, hoping he would somehow change his mind about all of this. He was the older, smarter brother after all. But he didn't. He gave me a stone cold look and tightened his grip around the gun. I felt sorry for him, this wasn't the Harry I knew. Before I turned back around to the table, I noticed the little girl standing by the door, upstairs. She was frightened. This could be Harry's daughter I've heard about, I thought to myself. Harry noticed me looking at something behind him, his face showed a hint of fear immediately. He knew that his daughter just witnessed her father threaten another man. He looked back and gulped, he had no words. The girl went back into the room as soon as her eyes met Harry's. He shut his eyes hardly, like that never happened and his poker face was soon back on.