Chapter 11: Plans & wishes & plans

Start from the beginning

My point is that I always knew that James was a lazy and immature person. When I met Catherine, became her lawyer and got to know her very well, I felt bad for her. I knew James didn't change. The look in his eyes was still the same. He was still a manipulative, cagey, but clever liar. He knew how to get out of trouble even if it mostly was him who caused it. He knew how to make people change their mind and make them do something they normally wouldn't.
I tried to warn Catherine several times, but her love for him was too strong.

❞Where are the others?❞ I asked as I put my stuff on the table where we always sat by and discussed.

I was alone with James. I looked around as much as I could from where I was standing, but the only thing I could notice was the sound of someone coming down the stairs.

❞Sit down Edwards, we have something to discuss.❞ James said right before he pushed me down on the chair.

❞Evening, Edwards.❞ Harry smiled as he approached the table. ❞I know you're probably wondering
why we wanted you to come and where-❞

❞Where is Catherine?❞ I interjected, getting annoyed of these two.

❞She's not here.❞ James answered my question while he showed me what he was holding in his hand.
Catherine's phone.

I felt my eyebrows wrinkle together as I thought of what could possibly be going on. I stood up and wanted to take my stuff and leave, but Harry pushed me down on the chair immediately.

❞We're not done.❞ He said angrily.

❞I don't have time for this. Where is Catherine and why do you have her phone?❞

James let out a weak laugh before he spoke, ❞We knew you wouldn't come if you knew that Catherine wasn't here. Besides, it's unnecessary for her to be here since this is only between the three of us.❞ He emphasized.

❞What is going on?❞ I maintained calm.

❞Here are some papers that we need both your and Catherine's signatures. After signing these papers,
Catherine's hotel, restaurant and apartment will be James's.❞ Harry explained and I laughed in return.

❞Oh, really?❞ I muffled my laugh, but then I noticed their serious faces. ❞You two can't be serious, are you?❞

They looked at each other.

❞We really don't want to take much time from your friday night, Mr. Edwards, but we need your signature.❞
Harry said neutraly.

❞And what makes you think that I'm going to sign that, and just give you the two biggest things Catherine built herself?❞ I asked confidently.

James gave Harry a specific look together with a nod and Harry looked me straight in the eyes while he took out a gun.

❞Are you kidding me?❞ I blurted out.

❞Just sign these damn papers, Edwards!❞ James yelled.

❞What are you going to do if I don't?❞ I looked at them before I looked straight at the gun.