29.

Ray

"Ray...babe... Get up we almost there." She said raspy from no sleep. I swear she stubborn as hell.

"Let me drive the rest of the way then before you kill us. Up here driving like you in a daze." I said rubbing my eyes and looking around.

At the next exit she pulled into a gas station and got out. I slid over the the driver's seat and waited for her to get back in. She told me where to go and she slept for a good two hours. I pulled into the parking garage that we were meeting some inside guy. I don't know him but he said to just go to the third floor and park next to the green Nissan Altima.

"Welcome to Boston." The guy and a grey hoodie and black pants with tims on said. Me and Nicki walked to the elevator with him. "Look I got five hours until I have to get back. You two can sleep at my place. If you want. A hotel probably won't admit guns though.

Nicki chuckled. I grinned but I was nervous as hell. We in dammit Boston and we about to shoot the shit up. "We can stay at yours it don't matter." Nicki said looking between me and him.

He nodded. "Oh my name is Omar and currently inbetween jobs as you may have noticed. My apartment down the street and I'll come back and change your license plates. For good measures." He smiled pressing the ground floor. I clutched on too the railing.

"We could have taken the stairs." I said dryly.

Nicki shook her head at me. I can't help it. I have fears and this is one of them.

"You okay ?" Omar asked.

"He good just acting stupid." Nicki answered.

"I wasn't acting stupid when I gave you your birthday gift." I muttered. She damn near took my jaw off. "Damn Nicki. Stop putting ya hands on niggas." I rubbed my jaw.

"Stop talkin'." She pointed her finger at me.

Meanwhile this nigga in the the corner laughing. He laughed his way out the elevator.

Nicki

Omar apartment is nice. Simple but its more than what we been living in the last few weeks. He said me and Ray can stay in the second room and have anything we want. And since its like 3 am he will talk to us when we are rested.

We have exactly four days now and I have no phone. Or laptop. Everything was on slips of paper. Omar said he will be back later from the store. We slept in the room. Well I slept Ray was up rustling papers and shit. But he was okay.

I woke up to and empty bed and balled up papers on the floor. Ray laid in the mix of it. I picked up the paper just to see what he was doing last night. I got the closest one and opened it up. It was me sleeping. I picked up another and it was me dancing. Another was me sitting on the kitchen counter. The last one was me and Tay Tay smiling.

I felt a hot tear slide down my face. All the drawings was beautiful. I never knew he could draw like this. He would scribble on my post it notes and leave them on my bathroom mirror. But nothing like this.

He shifted and slightly opened his eyes. "They look terrible." His voice deeper than normal.

I smiled at him and shook my head. "These are beautiful." I looked at the ones I picked up.

Ray got off the floor and hugged me. His arms where stronger than they was two months ago. "Your good." I sniffled.

"I know." He smirked.

I smacked him and we started fighting like always. We rolled all over the bed and we ended up in the floor. Still fighting. One thing lead to another and I was straddling him when Omar came bursting in the room. I quickly put on my bra and night shirt. Tgat was so embarrassing like seriously. He can't knock.