25.

Nicki

"Long time no see big head." Trey greeted me as me and Ray walked out into the field.

"Fuck you too, Trey." I smirked. My big cousin done got handsome over the last few years. He still scrawny but he got cute from something. Up here looking like Lance Gross twin. "Trey, Ray Ray. Ray Ray, Trey." They greeted each other and it got quite.

"Why the fuck we out here Trey?" I asked folding my arms.

"Cause yall need to learn how to use a gun, don't yall?" He still got a smart ass mouth though.

Ray laughed at Trey rolling his neck. He stopped when I gave him the shut the hell up look. "Who taught you how to use a gun?" Ray asked Trey.

"Her mother." He replied.

"Trey why the hell you aint never tell me that?!" I screamed.

"It was never important. Stop fucking screaming at me, crazy." He bucked at me like Im suppose to be scared of him. "Look Im sorry about what happened to her. The same could happen to yall if some shit go down. Lisa worked yall to yalls breaking point but learning how to PROPERLY use a gun is very intense." He said calmly. Then out of nowhere he pull out two .9's out of his back.

"The safety is still on Sissy." Trey looked at me. He know I don't fuck with guns too heavy. Give me a couple of knives and I'll show you what's up. He always called me Sissy when I get scared or afraid of something. He did it then and he does now.

"These are yours because this was all I could lift at the time." Trey handed me and Ray each a gun.

"What do you do?" Ray asked.

"Ima a lawyer but for a correctional facility." Trey looked at Ray long and hard before saying another word to him. "You got a brother named Day Day?" Trey asked.

Ray just nodded. "Im sorry bout what happened. This side of the game be fucked up sometimes." Trey said sincerely.

"First things first make sure the safety is always on because I don't need any 'accidental fatalities'." Trey pulled up his t-shirt and showed us his bullet wound. It was bigger than you would think. "Got shot twice both inches away from my lung. So watch where you point them things at too." He looked at me carelessly holding it by the end of the handle.

Trey looked behind us and I heard someone approaching so I turned around to look who it was.

"Nicki, we need to talk." My father said a little bit too calmly eying Ray like he crazy.

"Why? Aint like our last conversation was satisfying." I said.

"Bring your ass on. I don't have time for your attitude with me. Come on." He said sternly.

I followed him back into the building not speaking another word. I just noticed he aint even have a shirt on. Just some basketball shorts and some nike socks and adidas slides. It seemed like his whole back was tatted. He had stars with mine and my mothers name written in them. Shading and then a big portrait of the virgin Mary. With a bunch of other shit around that I can't explain. His arms are tatted to the max too. But its mostly F.O.E and some other phrases. On his right shoulder me as a baby.

When went into the room my mother had her last conversation with my Uncle Charles. "Nicki," he started leaning on the desk folding his arms looking at me by the door,"did you and that nigga have sex in my damn house while yall was alone?"

"We weren't completely alone." I muttered looking away from his dark eyes.

"What!?" He yelled.

"Oh my god, yes we did! We used protection gah lee." I said frustrated.

"Nicki why you seventeen years old? You don't need be doin none of that shit right now." He said sadden.

"Daddy Ima be 18 next week." I rolled my eyes.

"That don't mean shit, I raised you to wait til you grown and old enough to have your own shit with a nigga that got goals." He upset for no damn reason.

I sat down in the chair in front of him. "Raised me? When? You aint never around so why the fuck would I take a life lesson from you?" I retorted.

He stared at me like he wanted to hit me. "Why does me fucking somebody, that gave up their own life to come live with me in this hell, a problem for you? At least it was at will this time! I really do care for Ray and I would expect to you to understand that shit!" I got in his face. "Tell why, huh, why is it a problem?"

He had tears in his eyes. "Cause, man, you my little girl. And you act just like her, man"

He covered his face with both hands.

I felt bad now for yelling at him like I did. But Im mad because he never around and wanna have sometime of authority over my life. "Im sorry Daddy." I said softly. I moved his hands off his face and he sniffled. "Was she pregnant when she got kidnapped?" That question really slipped but its been on my mind for a while.

He looked at me in shock, "How ya ass find out about that?" He sniffed.

"First of all, Im nosy when it come to certain things. And I was looking at all the pictures I took with her in chronological order." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He smiled. "She swore it was a boy and wanted to name him Sean." He laughed.

"Did she have it?" I asked.

"They got him." His jaw tighten. "That's why I kept you in the house and training with Lisa and Trey so you can get your brother back."

Ray

Nicki was gone for a while. Leaving me alone with her cousin Trey. He real cool though. Nothing like his father. He told me about the shit him and Nicki used to do when they was little.

Trey showed me how to used the gun like a pro, but the shit locked on me and cut my hand. I learned how to change the clip and reload a clip. Trigger safety, as in keep my finger off of it unless Im ready to shoot. Trey said I looked like trigger happy type.

"You have fun with Trey?" Nicki asked as soon as I came into our room.

'It was cool." I laid stretched out on the bed. "What your father wanted?" I asked looking at her.

"I know why we doing all this shit." She smirked.

"Okay...you gonna tell me?" I stared at her.

"The people that got my mother still have my brother. And they the ones that hit your family." She spilled out.

I stayed quite. She asked me if I was okay but I didn't feel like responding. The people that hit my family took her mother and still got her brother. But why? We doing all of this for what? It aint gonn bring my momma back my sisters. Nicki gaining something from all of this. What am I getting out of this? Revenge? Peace? Nah, I aint getting a damn thing.

But Im here for her because I love her.