Chapter 15: Back Home

Y/N POV

      After witnessing the defeat of Mariah and Alessi I figured it was best to go back to Dio. I did not wish to be found out.

       I snuck back into the mansion during the day to give myself time to settle in without running immediately back into Dio. I hadn't been gone lomg but I knew it had been enough to anger him.

      The mansion was practically empty considering most the people once living in here had went off to fight the group. Even those still here were on high alert in case the group got any closer.

      In all honesty I was beginning to get afraid.

      There I was back in the empty cold mansion. Light peering into small crevices. It was clear due to the emptiness it was beginning to become run down. Guilt ran through me looking at the current state of the home.

      I made my way to the library after navigating through the hallways and inspecting the mess there.

      The library was even worse than the rest of the mansion. Books were laying about everywhere and the furniture was tossed about. It was as if the absence of my presence was that of years and not days. Even the few portraits Dio had in the room had their canvasses torn up.

      I decided it would be best to clean up as if to say I was back.

      I started with putting all the furniture upright and in their most common positions. Next were the books in their proper placing on the shelves. Lastly I tried my best to fix up the paintings as much as I could. It seemed almost impossible to fix them but I still tried.

      After the library had been tidied up the sun was barely about to set. Dio was still not awake so I was yet to meet his wrath.

      "Fuck I'm dead.", I said to myself. Dio was going to be mad and my god did I hate seeing him mad even if he never did hurt me.

      I went back down to the kitchen as the only reasonable thing to do was make my love's favorite tea in hopes of softening him up. If he loves me I know it'll work.

      After it brewed I set the teapot and teacups on a tray along with the creamer and sugar. I doubt he'd use it but I'd like him to see the effort.

        I walked up the stairs and was met by the door of our bedrooms. I knocked softly on the door.

      "What do you need?", Dio's voice called from the other end. It was clear he didn't know it was me.

      "Baby?", I said as if I was asking for permission to enter.

      I heard the door open slightly and I allowed myself to enter. The room was dark and lit by only a few candles but I couls see Dio's outline on the bed.

      I walked over and set the tray down at the end of the bed and sat down with it.

      "Do you have any idea how worried I was?", Dio's voice broke the silence. Anger dripped in his words but it was of concern.

      "I'm sorry my love. I was just looking out for you.", I defended myself but I knew the answer would not move him.

      "I look after you. You're not to look after me. I do not know what would become of me if anything happened to you.", his voice became soft at the end of him speaking. There was no time to respond as he brought himself closer to me. Soon he was a mere few inches from my face.

      "I love you.", was all I said before he placed a small kiss on my lips. It was enough to send heat to my cheeks and make my heart do backflips. A hand of his went to trace the side of my face.

      "I am just happy you returned to me. Also thank you for the tea darling.", Dio smiled than began to serve tea for the both of us.

      "The youngest Joestar; his stand is that of close range.", I broke the silence with the quiet statement. I had no idea if it would be helpful but it felt to be of importance.

      Dio paused his actions for a quick second before resuming as if what I said was that in nature of telling the weather. His shoulders untensed as he handed me my cup.

      "I'll remember that if they make it to the mansion. Thank you my love for letting me know.", he shared no emotion in the response.

      "What happens if they get to the mansion?"

      The atmosphere became tense once again. I knew it wasn't a question I should've asked but it had been eating away at me. To say the truth I was beginning to become afraid.

      "I'll kill them.", Dio's response was short and abrupt. I could only nod at it.

      "Under no circumstance are you allowed to face them. If they make it to the mansion I have organized a place for you to go. If the fight goes out of the mansion you are to stay far away.", the follow up took me by surprise. How could he expect me to do nothing?

      "But my healing, what if you get hurt? I can be of aid to you, just let me hel-"

      "No."

      I stared into my cup feeling defeated. I knew there would be no breaking Dio.

     I imagine he sensed my sadness in his answer since he put a finger under my chin to lift it and make our eyes meet.

      "I do not want anything to happen to you.", he said with a softness.

     I had no response except for the little tear threatening to break through the surface.

      He answered my tear with a kiss to my forehead and a hand running through my hair softly as if they were threads of the most delicate silk.

      "Promise me you'll come back to me no matter what.", my voice breaking as the thought of him going pained me.

      "Y/n, no matter the outcome I will always be here for you.", Dio wiped away the tear that made it's way down my cheek.

      I mouthed a thank you and made my way to cuddle against him to feel what I has missed the last few days.

DIO'S POV

      As y/n cuddled up against my side I could not help the wandering of my mind in the silence.

      I was beginning to grow anxious of the Joestar group moving closer. They were stronger than I had expected.

      No doubt I'm the strongest stand user of all and could defeat them but the small voice of doubt still existed within me.

      What did it matter? Pucci knew what to do in case anything were to happen to me. I had no reason to worry.

      But y/n made me worry. I cared about her. I could not bear to put her through any pain. She didn't deserve it. But fate is cruel and we're connected. How cruel it is.

      No matter what happened I would take care of her or at least the universe would. She deserved the world.

      Y/n, my darling love.

A/N
WOW I AM THE WORST WITH UPDATING. SORRY:( . Also as you can imagine the story is somewhat wrapping up however I will give small little bonus chapters to the story that don't connect to the bigger picture but are just cute :)  also thank you for all the reads and have a happy new year!🎉🎊💖