Chapter 5:Tale of the Gods

Dio's POV

"Have you actually read all of these books?", I heard y/n ask me.

"Well, not all of them, I've only been awake for about three years. It's takes time to read a novel and fully enjoy it. Plus not all my time is entirely devoted to reading. There are other matters I must take care of.", I answered taking a book of the shelf. 'The Great Gatsby', it read. I took a seat and began reading.

"Unless you can appreciate the way in which it is written I do not believe you'll enjoy the book.", Y/n said as she took a seat next to me.

"And why is that love?", I asked setting the book aside so that I may look at her.

"It is beautifully written but the actual plot itself may seem rather dull. It's somewhat of a love story but everyone is a bit ignorant and the primary focus is the "American Dream", I suppose. In other words it can get a bit boring.", she answered with a shrug.

"Well then what do you suggest I read? What do you like reading?", I asked her.

"I tend to read mythologies. They tend to be about gods and goddesses. Sometimes I read tradegies such as those by Shakespeare. Horror novels can be quite alright as well such as Dracula.", Y/n answered while scooting a bit closer to me.

"What's Dracula?", that was one I'd never heard of before. Sounded foreign.

"Oh nothing. It's just about a man who seduces many women and only goes out at night.", she was holding back a smile. Why that was considered a horror novel I will not understand.

"Can you tell me then, your most favourite myth darling?", I placed a hand around her shoulders as she was now close enough to do so.

"Of course but may I go to bed after? It's already one in the morning and I am rather afraid of running into someone while dressed in this little nightgown.", there was a hint of sleepiness in her voice and I merely nodded as a response. Before she began to speak again she nuzzled herself in my side as if to get comfortable.

"This is the tale of Pygmalion and Galatea. Pygmalion was an incredible sculptor who had an incredible flaw. He tended to be a tab bit too judgemental of women. This would lead him to never take up a wife or lover as he saw no one worthy enough to be with him.", she took a small pause as if to remember the next part of the story. "So he decided to allow himself to fully engulf in his work, thus creating Galatea. He saw her as more beautiful than any living woman and soon fell in love with the statue he had created. He tended to her many hours of many days."

"He seems rather strange. Why is this your favourite?", y/n gave a small chuckle to what I said and continued on with the story.

"Eventually Aphrodite took notice to the immense amount of love Pygmalion had for his creation and granted life upon the statue. Both Pygmalion and Galatea lived happily and even had a son. Thus concludes the story of the sculptor and his statue.", y/n let out a small yawn after she concluded the story.

"What makes that story so beautiful?", I asked still curious as to why this man fell in love with a piece of rock.

"I suppose it shows having love for what you create or loving someone so much that even the goddess of love blesses your passion.", she gave a small squeeze to the hand she held in her own and a small smile. "Now I must be going to bed.", she went to get up but I grabbed her waist to sit her back down.

"Can't you stay longer darling? We have the entire night to ourselves.", I made my voice as smooth as I could in hopes of charming her.

Y/n took a seat directly on my lap causing my cheeks to go entirely red and fill with heat. "Fine, but you must tell me your favourite story."

I struggled to think of a story as I had the very goddess herself sitting on my lap as if it were something as common as walking. To me it was clouding my mind and making it nearly impossible to form a thought that was not related to her.

"Since we are in Egypt I shall tell you the story of Osiris and Isis.", I already felt like an idiot for picking a myth about death but continued on. "Osiris was the ruler of Egypt and a god. He was married to the protective goddess Isis. Together they improved the lives of those lesser than their own, all power was balanced in the land. However his brother Seth; god of all that is evil had a raging fire of jealousy inside him. Seth wished for himself to have the power to rule over all that drew breath. So he constructed a plan."

"This reminds me a bit of King Lear.", y/n said with a yawn before nuzzling her face into my chest. I smiled a bit at the affection before continuing on.

"Seth had tricked Osiris into getting inside a chest which once Osiris was in Seth locked and threw into a river. The missing of Osiris consumed Isis with worry, so she searched all of the earth for him. Seth however caught on that Isis was looking for her husband, so he had him chopped up into many pieces.", I felt y/n's body tense at the last sentence as if a bit shocked. I responded my wrapping my arms around her a little tighter.

"But Isis was determined for she loved her husband dearly. She looked for many suns and moons before finding all of her husband's pieces but one. Once most of the pieces were found, her and Anubis held a mummification ritual for Osiris. This would ultimately lead to Osiris becoming the god of the underworld as he was able to be saved by his wife.", I looked down at y/n to see her eyes closed. I could feel her heartbeat ever so lightly as it slowed due to her relaxing. Her breathing was soft.

I had never seen such a more beautiful sight in my life.

Yes the first night she was here I watched her sleep as I internally debated her purpose but it was different this time.

There was no debate this time. I need not wonder as I knew for certain our fates were intertwined. And more importantly she lay in my arms as if it was her home.

I got up as carefully as I could while holding her so that I may take her to bed without waking her. She moved slightly as if she sensed the movement but relaxed again quickly. I carried her bridal style to the room.

I set her down softly on the bed and climbed in soon after. The temptation of holding her close was too much to bear so I gave in and pulled her close to me. As I did her eyes fluttered open softly and met mine through the darkness somehow. Y/n closed them as if to sleep again but leaned in and gave me a soft kiss.

I was entirely stunned, although short and sweet it was as if I had just been given the strongest drug.

I had no time to truly react as she nuzzled herself into me once again and fell back asleep.

For a split second heaven was on Earth and I was the only one in paradise.

A/N
This chapter was a tad bit shorter and I apologize also I wanted to try something new by having it entirely in Dio's POV and if you don't like it I am sorry and will not do it again. I hope you like it do far :))