Chap. 32 |The Heist|

Start from the beginning

Zara tried by all means to wiggle out of his hold. She clawed at his hand and kicked, but to no avail. That's when she realised that his ding-dong was inviting her to kick it.

With a yell, she kicked the guard's penis. The guard released her. They both fell to the floor, wheezing in pain. Zara stood up and tried to catch her breath.

Once strength returned to her legs, Zara bolted out of the room then headed for the dining room. She had two minutes left to stop people from ingesting the poisoned food.

○◇●◇○

"Ladies and Gentleman." Bennedict boomed. "Please enjoy the food, it is to die for." He smiled, just then, the servants walked in carrying dishes of food.

"Seeing as that it's food, we shall discuss this later." Gunter said, drawing a chair.

"Are you serious Gunter?" Cecile scolded.

"There's chicken." Gunter shrugged his shoulders.

"Well...zis is chicken..I suppose business can wait." Cecile laughed.

The other members of the order sat down as well. They grabbed plates and waited for the go ahead.

Merylin leaned into David and whispered in his ear, "What are they doing here?"

"Beats me. They seem distracted, let them eat." David whispered back.

Everyone had a waiter or a waitress to dish them whatever they wanted in their plates.

○◇●◇○

Zara burst through the door, startling everybody in the room. Everyone gasped and grumbled at Zara's intrusion.

"Zara what are you-

Claire was silenced when Zara held her hand up. She clutched her stomach as an attempt to catch her breath. "God, I hate running....ughhh!" She huffed.

"What are you doing here?" David asked, staring at Zara distastefully.

"Don't eat the food!" Zara announced, regaining her posture.

Toby put his drumstick then groaned. Sera scoffed. "Why are you always here to ruin everything?" She snapped.

"I'm here to save your damn lives! The food was poisoned!" Zara motioned to the various dishes placed on the table. Valentine's eyes fell on her. They both glanced at each other. At that moment, Zara's heart swelled. No. She couldn't let those eyes of his distract her. Not now.

Everybody immediately put their food down. Thankfully no one had taken a bite of the food. "First ze necklace goes missing, now ze food is poisoned? It's an outrage!" Cecile exclaimed, her gorgeous tresses bouncing with each syllable she uttered.

"What are you talking about?" Merylin snapped, her eyes narrowing at Cecile.

"Don't play dumb with us. We know what you and your precious husband did!" Cecile sneered angrily.

"Cecile, calm down. We must address the issue at hand. The food was poisoned, remember?" Paulo said boredly.

"She's bluffing. She's just here to ruin everything!" Sera grumbled.

"Why would I come all this way for a bluff ?" Zara scowled at Sera.

The two women stopped arguing when they heard the click of a gun. "Shut the fuck up, Zara." Bennedict commanded.

Zara slowly turned around to face the nozzle of a gun pointed at her. Different scenarios of dying played in her head. She was terrified. Gulping, Zara directed her gaze away from the gun. Valentine's face paled when Bennedict grabbed Zara by the shoulder and pointed the gun at her head.