Chap.13 | Sausages |

A month had passed by since Valentine and Zara kissed. They avoided each other like the plague. They only satisfied themselves with mere glances.

When Zara got to work, Valentine was already gone. When Valentine got home, Zara was already gone.

This was better for the both of them. At least that's what they told themselves. Although they couldn't lie to themselves.

"I know we haven't talked for a while, but you look like crap." Evelyn said, as she took a seat near Zara.

Zara smiled at Evelyn. "I missed you."

"I know!" Evelyn said airily.

Zara rolled her eyes.

"So what happened?" Evelyn asked.

"Why do you assume that something happened?" Zara scoffed.

"Because you've been miserable." Evelyn shrugged her shoulders.

"Not true."

"If you say so."

Zara sighed.

"I'm listening." Evelyn urged.

"I'm ashamed to even say it." Zara sighed.

"I ate a lizard with my brother once! I'm sure it can't be that bad." Evelyn chuckled.

Zara stared at her, with her mouth agape.

"Don't look at me like that. I only ate the tail." Evelyn shrugged her shoulders.

"No comment." Zara shook her head.

"Spill Kona!" Evelyn exclaimed.

"Ok! Geez!" She groaned.

"IkissedValentineKingsman." She said quickly.

"What was that?" Evelyn said, holding her earlobe.

"I kissed Valentine Kingsman!" She whisper-shouted.

"That's........................... awesome. Was it any good?!" Evelyn gushed.

"Are you serious? That man has a girl friend." Zara groaned.

"Correction : he has a bitch." Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"What, why don't you like her. She seems nice?"

"She killed Valentine's heir and she's just too diabolical." Evelyn said acidly.

"That's horrible. How...how did she kill the baby?" Zara asked, horrified.

"She aborted him. After he told her not too. She still did it anyway." Evelyn said wistfully. "Valentine was in so much pain. He became so violent and angry. I'd never seen him like that before."

Zara shivered. "Whoa."

"I don't understand why you two are seated when there's so much work to be done." Leila sneered from the terrace door.

Evelyn and Zara jumped in surprise. Just how much did she hear?

"Miss Starling we are so......"

Leila held up her hand. "I don't care. If I ever catch you both gossiping again, I'll fire the both of you."

They looked at her as she disappeared into the mansion.

"Bitch." Evelyn muttered.

                          🍃🌹🍃

"This assistant chef thing will kill you. I swear." Evelyn said as she hugged Zara goodbye.

"I'll see you next week." Zara smiled.