Chap.17 |Baking Wars|

"No Nova, that's too much chocolate!" Zara said, for the fourth time that afternoon.

"There's no such thing as too much chocolate!" Nova said dramatically flopping on the counter, raising her hand and placing her palm on her forehead.

Zara rolled her eyes. "You're such a drama queen." She teased.

"That's nothing, you should have seen the time she tried to put on the princess and the frog for the family." Evelyn chuckled as she came into the kitchen.

"Eve. You promised not to tell anyone!" Nova whined.

"Sorry sweetheart!" Eve grinned.

"The bedrooms, are they all clean?" Zara asked.

"Yeah, the rest of us cleaned them. Damn, these rich people make messes." Eve grumbled.

"Watch your mouth Evelyn." Mrs MacLean said, as she walked into the kitchen, clad in her peony glory and clutching her i-pad.

"Have you heard from Mr MacLean?" Eve asked curiously.

Mrs MacLean's body went rigid. Time was running out, she was terrified and now Evelyn had just reminded her of her fears.

"Yes. He should be back soon."  Mrs MacLean lied.

"That's good news. We need him, the Mansion will be opened to the public soon. And he's good with people." Eve said, taking a swig of water.

"That he is. We'll be having guests this afternoon for lunch, please assist Benedict." Mrs MacLean said, shifting her attention to Zara.

Zara nodded.

"Good I'll leave you all to it." Mrs MacLean said, nodding in approval.

"I have a dining room to spruce up. See you two in a bit!" Eve said as she skipped out of the kitchen.

"Alright Nova, let's get these cupcakes ready so that we can help Bennedict with lunch." Zara said clapping her hands. "Chop chop!"

                      🍃🌹🍃

In a few hours, the cupcakes were finished. So was the delicious lunch of Pasta and Putanesca sauce.

Benedict left early for his other clients so Nova and Zara were left behind to clean the mess. Much to their dismay.

"Today was pretty cool. You're pretty awesome." Nova said, gathering all the spoons and bowls.

Zara smiled. "Thanks."

"Something smells good in here." Valentine said, rubbing his hands together.

"Oh no." Zara groaned.

"Hello to you too Miss Kona." He grumbled.

"You two." Nova rolled her eyes.

"You know Zara, you have to learn to loosen up." Valentine said, grabbing a handful flour.

"What are you talking about?" Zara scoffed, she turned around to face the handsome devil.

Big mistake.

Because Valentine threw some flour on her face. Zara gasped and coughed.

"You didn't!" She screamed.

"Oh yeah?" He said, taking a mixture of chocolate and batter and smearing it on her hair.

NOT. MY. HAIR.

She took the whole bag of flour and threw all the contents on to him. Valentine stiffened.

Zara gulped. "Oh no," she squealed.

Zara took off and tried running out of the kitchen. He grabbed her and showed her an egg.