Chapter Twenty One: A Journey Finished

300 years later

Do you remember when we first met?” My daughter asks, she doesn’t know I’m here watching her and her love.

I thought I had strayed into a dream.” Aragorn says to her.

Long years have passed.” She told him, looking deeply in his eyes. “You did not have the cares you carry now.” She pauses. “Do you remember what I told you?

“You said you’d bind yourself to me. Forsaken the immortal life, of your people.”

“And to that I hold, I would rather share one life time with you. Then face all the ages of this world alone.” She gave him her necklace. “I choose an mortal life.”

“You cannot give me this.” He says.

“It is mine to give to whom I will.” She tells him. “Like my heart.” And she closes her hand on his. Then they seal their love with a kiss.

            I hear my husband come up behind me and he stand to my right. He looks at me and I see him look rather puzzled at me. It is in that moment I realize that I was smiling. I look at him, place my left hand on his chest and kiss his cheek. He grabs my hand and places his forehead against my own. I look back at Aragorn and Arwen, I hear him sigh. My eyes find his, “What troubles you?” he looks at our daughter and her lover.

“I do not like this.” He gets a crease in his forehead when he says this.

I sigh and follow his gaze. “They are in love, let be in love.”

“He is human, a mortal, he is not an elf.” He walks away from me and to the desk in our room. “Once he dies she will live on, alone. I do not want our daughter to feel that kind of pain.”

I sit in the chair by the balcony and put one of my nails in my mouth. “She says, she will forsaken the life of the Eldar.” the hand in my mouth, falls limp on the side of the chair.

Elrond whips around and walks towards me. “She will do what?”

I look up at him. “She wishes for a mortal life, with him.” I smile.

“She is a fool to do so, leave her own life behind for some man like-like-“

“Me.” I said turning away from him.

I hear him sigh. “That is not what I meant Jemini.”

I stand up and look at him. His back is to me. “Of course not, because if I had not stayed we would not have Arwen or Elladan or Elrohir!” I yell.

“Jemini-“ he walks towards me.

“She is a grown woman Elrond, you must accept that.” My face softens.

He sighs and nods. “Very well.” He kisses my forehead and holds me in an embrace.

“Do you remember when we first met?” I ask as his lips linger on my forehead.

He chuckles. “The damsel in distress, stabbed by an Orc and taken to the great city of Imladris.”

I smile. “And the Lord who came to her aid in battle, who fell in love with her soon thereafter.”

He smiles and kisses my lips long and hard, Elrond and I have been married for over 300 years. I hope the Next 300 were as wonderful and euphoric as the first 300.

THE END