Chapter Fourteen: An Unexpected Surprise

My night terror’s come to me every night. Each one has my father in them, and he is either killing me or my beloved Elrond. My mind swims as to why I am having these night terrors. I feel as though someone is trying to penetrate my mind. I believe it to be Sauron, but he has been dead for thousands of years. I try to ponder in my mind as to who it is, the only problem is all my other enemies are all dead. My mind does not have the energy as of now.

I have fallen ill in this past week, my nausea is unbearable. My head is pounding and I have not been able to keep down much food for the past couple days. Elrond refuses to let me leave my bed, though I tell him I am able to walk. He just gives me a look that says no you’re not. My protests immediately stop my attempts to get out of bed. Though I feel unwell, I feel as though I could do quite well in my condition. Elrond still insists I must be tended to by some of the healers. The issue with this is that I am unable to keep any of their herbs down. The second the substance touches my lips I gage and vomit.

Elrond is giving me this herb mixture now; I sit up straight so I can drink it easier. Elrond hands me the substance and I take the warm cup in my hands. The smell of the herbs makes me scrunch my nose, Elrond nods as I look at him for assurance. I take a drink from the herbs and my gag reflex kicks in. By quickly placing my hand over my mouth, Elrond grabs a bucket from the other healers and hands it to me. I snatch the bucket from him and release the contents of my stomach. Once I am finished vomiting, Elrond takes the bucket from me. He hands me a cloth and I wipe my mouth. I give it back to him and lean back on the head board, releasing a sigh as I do so.

“I do not understand why your body is rejecting the herbs.” Elrond tells me.

I open my eyes and meet his eyes. “Have you got any idea, as to what it could be?”

Elrond shakes his head. “No.”

I sigh. “ You should return to your duties.”

He looks at me confused. “ You are ill and you wish for me to return to my duties.”

“I will have the other healers with me all day long.” I assure him. “Go I will be fine.”

            He finally nods and kisses my hand before he leaves. The healers begin to think of other things to help me be healed. All of the sudden one healer stops in her tracks and walks over to my bedside. She places her hands on my abdomen and starts to place pressure on it. I look at her confused, her pinched expression relaxes. She then looks at the other healers, “The Lady is perfectly healthy.” She says. All the other healers leave the room and I sit up while swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

“What is it?” I ask her.

She kneels down  and looks up at me as a mother would her child. “You carry the Lord’s child.”

My eyes widen and I feel a huge smile spread across my face. “You are sure of this?”

“Yes.”

            I am so happy that I hug her tight and she returns my embrace. “Summon my husband; tell him I have news for him.” The healer leaves our chambers in a hurry. I quickly dress in a light green dress at hugs my body. I hear the chamber doors open and smile. “My love?” he says and I turn to face him.

“Yes.” I say

“What troubles you?” he asks me, walking towards me and taking my hands in his

I move a strand of hair from his face. “Nothing is wrong,” I tell him “Though, something is rather right.”

He looks at me confused “What would be right?”

I smile at him and take his face in my hands. “I am with child.”

A smiles spreads across his face, he hugs his arms around my waist and he spins me in the air. “My wife is with child!” he exclaims, he sets me down and kissed my lips passionately.

“I hope it will be a boy.” I tell him with a smile on my face.

            My life is finally going as planned.