Chapter Sixteen: An Unknown Relative

As I nurse my little Elladan, I hear Elrohir’s quiet snoring in the crib next to me. I stand slowly from the chair, hoping not to wake my son in my arms.  Once I set him down in the crib, my gaze finds the small mobile above his crib. It consists of beautiful glass horses that shimmer in the light. I hold one of them in my hand, and smile as the shining sun creates small rainbows in my palm. Letting my hand return side I look at my other son’s crib and walk over to him. I gaze down at Elrohir and put my hand on the side of his sleeping face. While taking my hand away from my sons face I lean on the side of his crib. A avert my eyes to his mobile and see the glass fish above him. I look between the two of my sons and smile, with that I leave them to rest and return to the halls of my great home.

            Hand maids and butler’s run frantically throughout the halls, some running with rugs and tapestries others with glasses and plates. We are preparing for the announcement gala for the birth of our sons. I continue to walk and help some of the servants on the way. I soon run into Lindir, I grab his arm before he can slip from my grasp. “Where is Elrond?” Lindir simply looks in the direction of Elrond. Once I spot him, I nod a thank you to Lindir and depart. I slither through the crowded halls and walk up to Elrond who is speaking with a party planner with two colored tapestries in front of him. I walk up behind him while the planner leaves and he turns to the tapestries. “The green one.” He says as I stand beside him.

“Nonsense, the blue one is far better.” I say and Elrond turns his gaze to me.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek. “You haven’t the slightest idea how happy I am to see you.”

“I have a thought.” I respond and pull away from him.

 “How are the boys?”he asks, his hands on my elbows.

I smile. “Sleeping soundly.” I tell him.

“Good.” He says as he returns to the papers that are in his hands.

“Elrond.”

“Hmm?” is his response.

I sigh and grab the paper’s from his hands and hand them to the planner. “I am sure you have this all in good hands?” The planner nods.

            Elrond looks at me flabbergasted by my boldness, I grab his arm and guide him out of the house. We walk through the field and to the river where I attacked him. I smile, “Something amuses you, my love?” he asks.  I look up at his confused expression, and chuckle.

“I was thinking of the first time the two of us were here.” I say and turn my gaze back to the river.

I hear him laugh beside me. “Yes, when you decided to flip me over for no good reason.”

I gape at him. “It was out of self defense!”

He releases my arm and walks towards the river. “So you say.”

My jaw has dropped. “I thought you were going to attack me!”

He turns to me. “By a river?”

“You could have been a rapist for all I know.” I shoot back.

“Though, I am a Lord.” He raises an eyebrow at me.

I grunt in annoyance, he smiles triumphantly. “My Lady, My Lord.” We turn to the servant that has come for us.

“Yes.” Elrond says.

“There seems to be a man who claims to know the Lady.”

“What man?” I ask.

“An elf, My Lady.”

“Take us to him.” I order. He nods and takes us to him.

            Once we have reached our home, the servant escorts us to the courtyard. The second we get to the pavilion, I see a man standing there. He has a brown cloak with his hood up, and arrows strapped to his back. He turns around once he hears us approach, with one hand he takes his hood down. Elrond holds my waist as shock pours over me. This man has my golden eyes, though his hair is brown and not black. “Are you Jemini?” He asks.

I nod. “Yes.” I say breathless.

“My name is Dio.” He says moving forward. “You do not know me, however I am the son of Valeris.”

“Valeris was my mother.”

“As she was mine.” Dio says. “ I am your half brother.”