Chapter Nineteen: Execution

For the past two weeks Elrond has been determining my brother’s punishment for his crime. The Council told him that today was his dead line for his decision. He has decided to address it to all of Imladris. While he is doing that I am preparing the children for the announcement. I had Elladan and Elrohir in one of their better tunics. While I had little Arwen wrapped up in a white cloth to keep her warm. Our son’s were rather excited seeing that it is their first criminal trial ceremony.

            My boy’s ran down the halls with such excitement and enthusiasm that Elladan ended up running into a servant. He hangs his small head and apologizes for his bad behavior. Once he is finished, the servant walks pasts me and mumbles something about unmannered children. I shrug it off and turn my gaze to Arwen in my arms. She has a strand of my raven hair in her hands, she eyes it curiously as any child would. As she tries to put it in her mouth, I place her hand in her mouth and stop her short. Arwen looks up at me and giggles as she gives my hair and strong tug with her little hands. I let her pull my hair, just as her brother’s did when they were her age.

            Once we have reached the balcony to the courtyard, the children and I took our place by my husband. I held Arwen, Elladan and Elrohir were by my sides, while Elrond stood slightly in front of us. The courtyard was filled the occupants of Imladris, most of the yelling to have Dio beheaded others saying to take pity on the man. Elrond raises his hand and the crowd becomes silent. “Bring forth the prisoner!” Elrond yells in Elvish. The crowd parts as two guards drag Dio to the center of the courtyard. From here, I can tell he is unwell. His hair is matted and tangles, his eyes were bloodshot, his skin had a slight tinge of gray to it and he had a grin on his face that portrayed his madness. The crowd shows a dislike to him, though this dislike seems to cause him pleasure. He looks at me and his grins fades; he gives me a look I do not understand. Hatred? Hunger? Disappointment? Then when he looks over me I suddenly realize the look in his eyes. Lust.

Dio of Mirkwood,” he says. “You are convicted of attempted murder in the first degree against your own blood. How do you plea?” Elrond clasps his hands in front of him.

Not- Guilty, My Lord.” He says and hangs his head in a mock of shame.

LIAR!!” The crowd erupts into a frenzy.

Elrond raises his hand again and they are silent. “As Lord of Imladris, I pronounce thee guilty of attempted murder of the first degree.” He looks at the guard. “Take him to the dungeon’s he will be executed tomorrow.

            Elrond turns away from the crowd and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before he takes the boys for a bow and arrow lesson. I turn my gaze to Dio and he gives me the same look as before. Instead of giving him a smile as a Lady would do. I give him a cold unemotional glare and watch him be dragged to the dungeons. Just before he is pulled into the dungeons, I detected a look of hurt in his eyes. With a smirk I walk away from the balcony and follow my family to the woods.

            It is late at night, I hear little Arwen cry in her nursery. I look over to my left and see Elrond sleeping soundly. With a smile I give his head a kiss and get out of the bed. The cold stone floor bites my feet as I make my way to my robe to cover my exposed body. While I look back at Elrond I smile once more and walk out of the room without a sound. I walk over to the nursery and I hear the sound of someone trying to comfort the babe, perhaps a servant of ours. I open the door slowly and silently, the person sets Arwen down in the crib as I enter. The man looks at me, with a swift hand I whip my dagger out of my robe and hold it to his throat while pushing him into the wall. “Why the bloody hell are you out of the dungeons?” I hiss.

He chuckles. “You know how easy it is to get out of a cell Jemini.”

I keep my stare cold. “What could you possibly gain? From any of this?” I ask furious.

He gives me the same lustful look he gave me at the ceremony. “You”

My eyes widen in shock. “What?!” I say though clenched teeth and press the dagger closer to his neck.

“You,” he repeats. “Do you not think that it would be a good choice to have a pure bloodline? You and I our child.”

“Even if was not married. I would not marry or even bare the child of a mad man!” I hiss. “You are sick Dio!”

“Jemini-“

“Leave.” I say sternly letting him go.“Before I change my mind, boy.” I spit

            I turn to leave and shut the door, after waiting a few seconds I open the door again. He is gone, I walk in and peek into Arwen’s crib to make sure she is alright. Though she is I cannot get the thought of Dio out of my head and I bring her into bed with Elrond and I.

            Today is the day of Dio’s execution. The city is finally getting what they want, the death of the man who tried to kill me. Everyone is in the courtyard, except for the children, impatiently awaiting the prisoner. As the guard’s drag Dio to the place of his execution, he gives me a look that begs for me to help him. But I do not; I stare off into the distance away from the sick twisted man. I hear Elrond starting the execution ritual. Though about half way thought I see something glint in Dio’s hand. I look at his face and see the signature smirk plastered there. My eyes widen my heart rate quickens, I pick through my pocket’s to find the words to tell Elrond. But no words come out of my mouth, my palms start to sweat.

            The chaos erupts, Dio stabs both of the guard’s and takes one of their swords. Elrond brings behind him and takes out his sword ready to fight off this psychopath of a man. Dio somehow manages to disarm Elrond and shove him away. I start to run but Dio grabs my arm and pins be against a pillar. He holds my shoulders and places a hard sloppy desperate kiss on my lips. “If I cannot have you, Jemini.” He says and pulls his sword back. “Then no one can.” He thrusts his sword into my stomach. I feels the life start to leave me. I bring my hand of to my mouth and see that blood runs from my mouth. I shake me head at him. “If you truly loved me.” I tell him. “You would not try to kill me.” I then stab my own dagger in his neck and throw his lifeless body to the ground. I take the sword out of me and see Elrond running towards me. I smile “I love you.” I say in an inaudible whisper. That was when my world went black.

A/N: What should happen next? Any thoughts?