∞Learn to Run

Learn To Run

Steak had a hankering for some popcorn.

 Maybe it was the fact he could hear the gun shots and explosions that sounded in the action packed movie playing down the hall. Films with death and destruction were not his forte, so he stayed downstairs, lazily sprawled along the floor in the living room while his owners watched in the media room. Nevertheless, the rumble of the film caused his mind to wander to the delectable treat only eaten by the Sunsoums family when they were in front of the television.

 His tummy rumbled additionally as the picture of a giant bowl of buttery popped corn swirled around in his food focused mind. Whining a bit, he lifted his head. Steak could hear sound of the kernels breaking in the mouths of his superiors from the other room. Yet they hadn't bothered to bring him any.

 What a way to show your friend you love him, Steak sarcastically thought.

 Though the Sunsoums were some of the best owners in the world, Steak couldn't help but see how they did a few things wrong. First of all, naming him Steak was just cruel. It meant he constantly got hungry almost each time his name was called. It was torture, honestly. Plus, they would eat food right in front of him. Whether it was that they ate on the couch, at the table, or in their own rooms, they seemed to also eat when he was right there.

 As revenge, he would refuse to eat the food they placed in his bowl until they weren't eating. Which was a hard task. Not only was he always hungry, it seemed that one of the Sunsoums was eating at all times.

 Deciding he'd had enough, he scampered off his perch to face his family and fight for justice. His rather large form caused his run to slow to a little trot. It wasn't that he was a large dog. It's just that he was, well, a fat dog. His love for food was obvious when anyone looked at him.

 His stroll along the hallway took longer than it would for a slim animal but he held no shame. He was simply taking his time. At least, that's what he acted like. The smell of the salty snack grew stronger as he neared the media room. His nose was not the best though. In fact, he barely had the sense of smell. But, the popcorn called to him from even far away.

 Once he reached the door they were behind his breathing had increased and so had his hunger. Nosing the door with his sniffer, he opened it so he could enter. Sitting on the beige sofa, eating butter popcorn, was the Sunsoums. Roy, Tanya, and Steak's favourite, Ryker.

 Anyone could tell the four beings were a family. Each of them had jet black hair, blue eyes, and a smile that lit up any room. Even Steak.

 Roy Sunsoums was an ex-military man. His office was filled little trinkets and such from his days as a soldier. Steak had heard stories of soldiers coming home depressed, cold, and distant. Roy was none of the above. He came back even more compassionate, caring, and thoughtful. He loved his wife and son with all his heart. 

 Tanya Sunsoums was busy, bubbly, and loving mother and wife. She always had to do something with her hands or she would drive everyone else mad with her fidgeting. She was extra special to Steak since she always gave him extra treats and filled his food bowl. 

 Both of the parents retired early in order to spend more time with their son. It wasn't as if they didn't have the money to do it. With both of then maintaining a very well paying job in the years past, they had enough dough to retire. 

 Then there was Ryker. The seventeen year old sat in a separate chair though he would prefer to sit on the comfy couch. Ryker was Steak's main owner. He was the one who picked the dog out when he was only twelve years of age. They had become best buds right away.