Chapter Twenty-Eight

Song for Chapter 28:

It Will Rain by Bruno Mars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I had walked into the school building this morning, my heart was beating slightly faster. Only this time, it was in a non-frightened way. The reason why my heart was like this was because I knew that Kira told everyone about the kiss. I also knew that they would all be wanting an answer from us about why I had kissed him. I wasn't that nervous about answering the question, but I wasn't fully at ease either. What if my answer was different from Liam's? What if I said something that I didn't mean to say, and Liam's reaction wouldn't be a positive one? The only thing I could do was hope that mine and Liam's answers were both at least slightly similar.

I walked into the cafeteria, my lunch bag in my right hand. Lunch was between third and fourth period for me, which meant I had it with Liam, Mason, and few of my other friends. We all sat together, and got along pretty well actually. As I walked in and looked at our table, I saw Scott standing by the end of the table. Liam also wasn't sitting down, he was standing by them as well. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and walked quicker to reach them. "Hey guys." I said, acknowledging all of them. Scott looked at me, and spoke first. "Destiny, would you and Liam mind sitting with us at lunch today? We have some things we would like to talk about with both of you." I glanced around the table, seeing everyone's eyes on Liam and I, obviously confused about who this boy was, and why they wanted to talk to us. I tore my eyes away, and looked at Scott. "Yeah. Sure. Lead the way." I said, giving him a smile. Scott nodded, and began to walk off, Liam following behind.

Just as I was about to follow Liam, a hand grabbed my arm, preventing me from leaving. "What does he have to talk about with you?" My friend, Maria, asked. I had a pretty clear idea about what it was, but I didn't want to tell her that. If it was the kiss thing, I didn't want her to know about the kiss just yet. If it was the supernatural thing, there was no way she could ever know about that. I just shrugged, and smiled lightly. "Its probably about math or something. He said that he would help me with class work since he was good at math as a freshman, and now as well." I told her. Maria nodded in response, and smiled back. "Okay. I'll see you later then." She said. I nodded, and walked off a little quickly. I didn't want to get stopped again.

When I reached the table, I walked over to the empty seat between Lydia and Liam. I placed my lunch on the table, and slipped off my backpack. "Sorry about that. My friends are always curious." I said, before sitting down. I scooted up to the table a little, and looked around at everyone after I did. "So, what did you need to talk to us about?" Liam asked. "Well, there are two things actually. Two involve Destiny, and one involves Liam." Lydia said. I glanced over at Liam, and gave him a smile. He did the same, before we both turned away. "Okay. Let's start with the one that's just about Destiny." Scott suggested. I nodded, and looked at him, giving him my full attention.

"So, explain to us just what exactly is going on with you." Scott told me. I instantly knew that he was talking about all the unnatural things that have been going on with me. I nodded, and spoke. "Well, I keep having these dreams that come true. Like, for instance, if I have a dream about there being a storm in math class at nine forty-three, the next day, a storm happens in math at nine forty-three. Also, if I have a negative feeling about someone or something, they turn out to be a bad person or thing. If any of this makes sense at all." The table was silent for a minute after I spoke, everyone deep in thought. "Do you think she's...?" Lydia asked, trailing off. "What you are?" Stiles finished. Lydia looked over at me, and I looked at her. Lydia nodded, and turned to look at Scott. "What do you think?" She asked him. Scott looked up from the table, and to me. "I defiantly don't think its not a possibility. We'll have to wait and see. Derek's the best with this stuff. We can ask him at some point. I think that as long as she's not on the list, she's safe. That is, if she is something at all." Scott said.