Chapter Four

Song for Chapter 4:

La La La by Naughty Boy ft Sam Smith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye!" I told my friend, Elizabeth, as the bell rang, signaling that we had five minutes to get to first period. I made my way down the hall, smiling a little. I had made it about halfway, before I felt someone tap my back. I looked over my shoulder, and saw Liam walking behind me, smiling. "Hey Liam." I said, as he walked a little faster so that he was walking beside me. "Hey." He replied, giving me a smile. "How did your morning tryouts go?" I asked. He gave a shrug, and a smile. "Good. These two juniors were having a sort of interrogation on me in the locker room though." I laughed a little, and smiled. "They were probably just trying to scare you. Your a new freshman, so they think your an easy target." I said. "That's probably it." He said, smiling. "Are you still coming to the tryouts this afternoon?" He asked. I nodded, and smiled. "Wouldn't miss it." I replied. His smile widened. "Great. Well, I better go before I'm late! I'll see you later." He said, before turning to go the other way. "Bye." I replied, before walking straight to get to chorus. I couldn't help the wide smile on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I had stopped by my locker and grabbed a few books I would need tonight, I made my way to the lacrosse field. I had only seen the field a few times, mostly for gym class, but I had never actually seen lacrosse being played on the field. My friend, Alissa, had also wanted to see the tryouts today, so she was with me.

Alissa and I sat on the third row from the front, and arrived just as they were starting their stretches. I was looking around for Liam for a few seconds, before my eyes finally landed on him. After a moment, his blue eyes locked with mine. I gave him a smile, and he returned it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Garrett. I glanced over at Garrett, and saw him look at Liam, and follow his gaze to me. Once I locked eyes with Garrett, I gave him a smile as well. He gave me one back, before the coach told the team to run laps. I watched as everyone began to run around the field. I let out a small sigh as I realized that I would not only be watching Liam today, but Garrett as well.

After the team had run laps, they all lined up to shoot the balls into the goal. I watched as a few people took their turn, before Liam walked up to take his shot. I smiled a little, and watched as he picked up the ball with the netted part of the lacrosse stick. He took a few steps forward before shooting it, the ball quickly shooting past the goalie, and into the net. I was in shock by how good he was. I expected him to be good, but not this amazing. "Woah." I heard Alissa say from beside me. "Yeah." I said back, not taking my eyes off of Liam.

After Liam went, I saw a boy with brown hair, probably a junior or a senior, go up next. He did the same as everyone, picking up the ball, and shooting. Although, he missed the goal, the ball bouncing off the metal beam. "Nice McCall!" I heard Garrett yell, and I turned my attention to him. A few days ago, I wouldn't of expected Garrett to say something like that. Now, it seemed like something he would say. "Hey Garrett, shut up!" I heard another teammate yell back, causing me to let out a small laugh.

Once everyone had taken a few turns shooting, people began to line up to try to get past two team members, who I had learned the names off, Scott and Stiles. I had also learned that Scott had supposedly been the team captain as a sophomore, but now, he wasn't doing so good. I watched as Garrett walked up, taking a ball. He began to run down the field. It looked like he was going to make it past them, until the lacrosse stick was pushed up, out of his hands, and to the ground. I felt a little bad for Garrett, but at the same time, he sort of deserved it. I was shocked at how the two boys had suddenly become a lot better at lacrosse. I tried to ignore it though, that wasn't the main focus at the moment.

After a few more people went, I saw Liam walk up. I watched him as he took the ball, and began to run as well. I wasn't exactly sure if he was going to make it past them or not, no one else had. He got past the first boy, and then, did a turn past the second. He ran a little more, before shooting the ball, and making it into the goal. People began to cheer, including Alissa and I. He was amazing. He was a freshman, and he got past two goalies that seemed impossible to get by.

"Oh come on! That was luck! Do over!" A girl yelled, causing every ones heads to turn to look at her. I saw a girl with brown hair standing up from her seat. "There are no do overs sweetheart." The coach yelled back. "Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles." She yelled back. I looked over at Liam, and saw a small look of worry on his face. "I'll take that action. Liam!" The coach yelled.

Liam ran back over, and picked up a ball. He began running again, and got past the first boy, but barley. Suddenly, he got flipped in the air by the second boy, and fell to the ground. Everyone gasped, and I stood up from my seat to try and look. Everyone ran over, crowding around him. All I could see was Liam on the ground, and I could hear small groans of pain. I couldn't hear much of the conversation between him, the two boys, and the coach. All I could hear was something about his leg. After a few seconds, the two boys carried him off the field. I sat back down, and saw him get carried away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour or two after the accident had happened, I was sitting in my room, worried about Liam. I decided that it would be okay to text him now. He probably was waiting to get an x-ray done, or something like that anyway. I pulled out my phone, typing in a message.

Hey! Are you okay?

I hit send once I was done, and sat down on my bed. After a few minutes, my phone went off. I quickly picked it up, and looked at the screen.

Liam

I would be lying if I said that I was perfectly fine, but talking to you makes it better.

I smiled, and laughed a little at the message. After I unlocked my phone, I replied,

I'm sorry! I hope you and your leg feels better soon!

I waited for a few minutes again, before he replied.

Liam

Thank you! We'll try our best.

I smiled a little, before placing the phone back on my bed. To me, it felt like a small get well text wasn't enough. I didn't know if he had anyone with him at the hospital, besides the two boys who had made him have to go in the first place. The thought occurred to me that maybe I should go visit him, and make sure he was okay.

I walked downstairs to my mom, who was in her room watching TV. "Hey mom." I said, walking in. She looked over at me, and smiled. "Hey sweetie." She replied, as I walked over to her. "I have a question." I said, stopping by her. She sat up on the bed, giving me her attention. "Sure! What is it?" She asked. "Well, the friend that I told you about, the one that hurt his leg today." I said, pausing to make sure she knew who I was talking about. "The boy who was the whole reason you were staying after today?" She asked. "Not the full reason, but anyway. I wasn't sure if he had anyone with him at the hospital, besides the two boys that ended up hurting him in the first place. I was wondering if I could maybe get him something, and go visit him at the hospital." I told her, before biting my lip softly.

The answer that she would give me would be uncertain. It was always hard to predict if answers would be a yes or a no with her. She had certain moods, and if you caught her in a good one, then that was a good thing, and you usually got what you asked for. If you didn't get what you asked for during her good moods, she was easy to reason with. "Are you allowed to?" She asked. I nodded, before answering. "Yeah. My friends mom works at the hospital, and she said that they usually allow visitors at this time." My mom was silent for a minute, before answering. "Okay. That's fine. Let me tell your sister where we're going, and then I can take you over." She said, getting up. I smiled wide, shocked that she said yes. "Thank you mom!" I said, before walking out to get on my shoes. I wasn't going to tell Liam that I was coming. I wanted it to be a surprise. I was hoping to make the time that he had to stay at the hospital a little better for him, which was what I had planned to do.