Chapter Nine

Song for Chapter 9

 Cannonball by Lea Michele

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were only two things on my mind this morning, my study session with Garrett tonight, and Liam. I couldn't sleep that well last night, wondering what would've happened if I would've stayed and not left when we were talking. I knew that I should've stayed, but I was so confused and overwhelmed at the time. Plus, even if I did stay, an apology wouldn't have been enough. Not for what he's done at least.

As I walked into my second period class, I sighed lightly. I saw Garrett as soon as I walked in, which reminded me about our study session after school. I took a deep breath, before making my way through the desks, and over to the seat. After I set my books and bag down, I sat in the seat. As soon as I did, Garrett turned around in his seat, giving me a smile. I gave him a small smile back. "Hey Garrett." I said, looking down at my books. "You didn't forget about tonight, did you?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nope." I replied.

As easy as it would be to make up an excuse as to why I couldn't go, I decided to go instead. As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to. I didn't feel like losing anymore friends. "Great. Meet me out front after school." He said, turning around in his seat. I sighed again, and looked down at the desk. I couldn't believe that once things seemed to be going perfect, everything crashed down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourth Period had just ended, and I was walking down the hall on my way to fifth. Today had been different with Liam. When we caught glances, he didn't glare. Instead, he just looked away. I could tell that I had hurt him, and I felt awful about it. Although, I had to do what I had to do. I didn't want to relive what happened in middle school after all.

As I was walking down the hall, I was stopped by my name being called. I turned around, and saw Scott walking toward me. I stood by the wall, waited for him to catch up to me. "Hey." He said once he got to me, a little out of breath from walking quickly to reach me. "Hey." I replied, looking up at him. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked, in a serious tone. His tone worried me a little, and I quickly nodded. "Yeah. Sure. Of course." I said. Scott nodded, and got a little closer so that he could whisper what he was saying. "Liam's really torn up about this Destiny." Scott started. I sighed, and he continued. "He really is upset. He feels awful about this whole thing. And yesterday, I finally got him to realize that him getting bitten, wasn't your fault." He said.

My expression changed to one of shock as he said this. "Are you serious?" I asked, not believing it. The whole reason for the fight was because of the bite. Him knowing that it wasn't my fault made a huge difference. Scott gave me a nod, smiling. "Yep." He replied. "Well, what am I supposed to do though?" I asked. I didn't know if I should go up to Liam, or wait for him to come up to me. I didn't want to end up starting another argument after all. "I'll talk to him about it. The next time he comes up to you, please just listen to what he has to say." Scott told me. I nodded, before he spoke again. "Okay. I'll let you get to class now." I nodded, and gave him a small smile. "Thanks Scott. I really appreciate you helping us out." I said. "No problem." He said, giving me one back. After he said that, I quickly walked away to make it to my next class on time. For the first time in a few days, things finally seemed like they were coming up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the end of the day, and Liam and I hadn't even spoken yet. I was getting a little worried, and wondered if this argument was ever going to end. Although, even after what Scott had said, it would still take awhile for me to be able to fully forgive him. The things he said hurt, and I was tired of being walked all over.